What are your thoughts on firewood delivery during current lock down?

gensetsteve

We are still getting enquires Are people still delivering logs . Heating is one of the basic necessities in life. 

I’ve had the same request. Going by the guidelines on last nights news if you can maintain social distancing then you should be able to deliver logs without concern.
  • Like 1

I only sell logs as a sideline from our domestic arb work, and have a small customer base. I have two customers waiting for logs, but these are for them to store and season for next winter, so I can't justify delivering at present. I guess if a customer needs seasoned logs to use now, then under current guidelines delivering them if OK.

Especially for the rural elderly.

My wife and I are going to try our best to look out for the 2 elderly folks near by who are locked up for the next 3 months. 

Remember folks little acts of kindness improve your mental health too, lets all look out for each other over the next few months, everyone has got some skill set that is going to be useful to someone, and stay safe doing it.

• Like 5

Thank you for your thoughts . I can deliver logs in bulk bag with hiab soon mess or grunting and straining . I have asked for cash in an envelope so we can clean it when back at base.

i have cancelled all adverts but will deliver to people with real need 

just put a new vehicle on the road 

Been quite busy the last few days. Only doing BACS transfer and no help unloading but its a small price to pay to still be able to work

Edit. Probably worth noting that supplying logs for heat is now classified as a key worker status http://confor.org.uk/media/247684/covid-19-confor-letter-of-comfort-for-industry-on-key-worker-status.pdf

Edited by Woodworks
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4