IDEAS FOR GENERATING INCOME DURING LOCKDOWN

Treeation

Ok this was posted on a tech forum i moderate on a couple of days ago 

I was in Booker's cash and carry today which is trade only. There were no eggs, bread, nappies, hand sanitizer, milk etc because they had all been bought by non English speaking convenience store shopkeepers. The warehouse opened at 6.am but the shopkeepers were queuing at 5.15 am to buy all of those. A carton of six eggs trade price is 65p with £1.00 marked on the box, which gives a profit of 35p per carton. The shopkeepers were selling the eggs for £4.50 per carton which is a profit of £3.85
All the other products were similarly marked up with hand sanitizer at £9.00!!
One of the corner shops customers called the councils trading standards to complain about profiteering. An officer went to speak to one of the shopkeepers who said Boo

So i replied to the member and a good tip for the lads (Saul)

I got 6 chickens which cost me £8 each to buy so 6 eggs and i am in profit by £1, Fook better get another dozen chooks laying [emoji40] 18 eggs a day is £27 x 7 days = £189 a week
image.gif.d13acb95a6de24751424332dcbdfe080.gif

image.gif.08f7f12ab554473e05d185289e2e1961.gif

Think you got your eggs and sanitiser confused, unless your going to sell your eggs for £9 for six! Golden eggs!

The warren will be a laying machine and live about 4 yeas but the sussex should live for 6/8 years and lay about 4/5 a week when laying flat out 

Can't remember what the guy said,
Something about selling 16,000 birds in two weeks,
not Sussex as they don't have fluffy feet.
Both were "breeds" as he'd sold everything else.
[emoji106]
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Rough Hewn said:

Just bought 3 hens.
They will eat plants/grass/grain and kitchen waste.
Hopefully producing eggs.
Planting loads of salads and veg.
It's either that piracy emoji572.png
emoji848.png?emoji106.png

When I had my Hens in the Coop they just ate all the kitchen Scraps. Root Veg Peeling where cooked in the water the peeled veg was. They had pellets but they lasted a month or so as they preferred the fresh food. So the upkeep was virtually nil. Add a little Cider Vinegar to their water to prevent worms, have Oyster shells handy, or ground Egg shells. And never feed them avocado! Kills them stone dead. 

In the last storm they got free and now roost in a beech hedge and rarely come back for scraps so must be getting plenty scratching around, but they still lay in the coop. Bonus!

3 hours ago, topchippyles said:

Ok this was posted on a tech forum i moderate on a couple of days ago 

I was in Booker's cash and carry today which is trade only. There were no eggs, bread, nappies, hand sanitizer, milk etc because they had all been bought by non English speaking convenience store shopkeepers. The warehouse opened at 6.am but the shopkeepers were queuing at 5.15 am to buy all of those. A carton of six eggs trade price is 65p with £1.00 marked on the box, which gives a profit of 35p per carton. The shopkeepers were selling the eggs for £4.50 per carton which is a profit of £3.85
All the other products were similarly marked up with hand sanitizer at £9.00!!

One of the corner shops customers called the councils trading standards to complain about profiteering. An officer went to speak to one of the shopkeepers who said Boo

So i replied to the member and a good tip for the lads (Saul)

I got 6 chickens which cost me £8 each to buy so 6 eggs and i am in profit by £1, Fook better get another dozen chooks laying ? 18 eggs a day is £27 x 7 days = £189 a week

image.gif.d13acb95a6de24751424332dcbdfe080.gif

image.gif.08f7f12ab554473e05d185289e2e1961.gif

Don’t forget the enclosure, I spend an unfathomable about of money building my a walk in run for the ladies last year. One died within a month and the other two are very good layers but end up spending most of the time in the garden anyway- so that was money well spent!

• Haha 1