IDEAS FOR GENERATING INCOME DURING LOCKDOWN

Treeation

Hi all,

Stark times ahead and being in the tree business we are pretty landlocked to what we can do arboriculturally speaking. Anyone have any serious ideas how to lessen the blow?

My approach as a SE sole trader running mainly domestic arb work and tree surveying has been to:

1. Keep my website/google business updated with ongoing changes due to coronavirus to let my customers know what we are doing and when we will next update.

2. I have made it clear that we are very much open for contact via email and telephone calls - Although a lot of people wont be spending now, they will be spending a great deal of time in their gardens so might have questions re. treework and it will be possible to quote/estimate some jobs by photos & emails/videocalls...which at least sows the seed for possible future work.

3. I am offering a video call arb consultancy service on an hourly rate for larger projects payments to be made via BACS - god knows if Ill get any interest but nothing to lose.

4. If we cant invest in our businesses, invest in your knowledge...get those tree books of the shelf and get learning now is a brilliant time to build on your knowledge base. I have been really enjoying brushing up on Mattheck and Lonsdale.

5. Will be looking to Sorn works truck and to see how onging payments can be managed.

6. Keeping a keen eye on SE deal through government.

Hope this helps to some 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Big J said:

I'm considering selling my body for a bit of extra cash but the 2m social distancing is an issue. I'm not called "Big J" for nothing, but even I have my limits. ?

Bleeding marvellous! In these troubling times, morale at an all time low and you pimping yourself out! Disgraceful behaviour.  Just a thought, have you considered Grindr?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, David Cropper said:

Bleeding marvellous! In these troubling times, morale at an all time low and you pimping yourself out! Disgraceful behaviour.  Just a thought, have you considered Grindr?

It's day 2 social isolation mania setting in! ? 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Big J said:

It's day 2 social isolation mania setting in! ? 

I'm on my 7th day with at least another 13 to go. Can't even go out for shopping, luckily our friends have picked up my wife's prescription and will collect a bit of shopping. Paperwork plus my bank card left in a sanitised plastic folder for them. My neighbour shouted over the gate earlier had I got a pre charged battery jump start box. When I told him my wife had the Lurgi,  he jumped back 3 metres! Never mind, said he and called a Garage out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big J said:

I'm considering selling my body for a bit of extra cash but the 2m social distancing is an issue. I'm not called "Big J" for nothing, but even I have my limits. ?

You will be knackered at 50p a time ?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Steve Bullman said:

I just bought a pickup load of potatoes which I will he selling round the village. Will make enough money to cover my fuel, doing it more for the community spirit than anything 

Can I have 3 please. I'm in all day