Wanting some ECHO chainsaws

HoweToArb

Hi lady’s and gents,

I’m wanting to get two Echo chainsaws a top handle and a ground saw but don’t have any experience with Echo used only Stihl if you have any recommendations of what two saws I could get or any advice let me know! 

Cheers

3 minutes ago, HoweToArb said:

Hi lady’s and gents,

I’m wanting to get two Echo chainsaws a top handle and a ground saw but don’t have any experience with Echo used only Stihl if you have any recommendations of what two saws I could get or any advice let me know! 

Cheers

I have the 360 top handle saw. It is a good saw for the price, not the best shape to drag round a tree and doesn't seem to have the power of a 200t or the husky 540t. That said on hot summer days I take it over the husky as it starts much easier. It's old school carb. One thing I noticed was that the 14"bar looked/was massive, make sure you put a 12" on it.

It's more than adequate for all aerial tree work and has been reliable so far

Good luck ?

• Thanks 1

Depends what cc you are looking to get
Ground saws the 501 and 620 are good mid sized professional saws.
The 2511 is a great little top handle and the 360 is well balanced.

I sent my 2511 to spud for some of his tuning and it’s a fantastic saw.

They have a new 70cc saw coming out soon and if you need something bigger there is the 8002. I’ve got one that’s been used about 4 times I might part with as I have loads of large saws.

Their pro range is good stuff. I just bought the new back pack blower and am pleased with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ideally looking for two all rounded saws that can do most things something like the ms261 I found that to be a nice saw but it always seemed to have problems every couple of months 

I've heard the 2511 is good and the 360 that’s why I needed the advice I’m not sure what would be best ?

1 minute ago, HoweToArb said:

Ideally looking for two all rounded saws that can do most things something like the ms261 I found that to be a nice saw but it always seemed to have problems every couple of months 

I've heard the 2511 is good and the 360 that’s why I needed the advice I’m not sure what would be best ?

Have used a 2511, on a couple of occasions, would be great for reductions and cuts of 4-5inch, for mainly takedowns and the odd reduction the 360 would be best

• Thanks 1

The 501sx is your comparative ground saw cc wise but the next one up the 620sx is the pic of the bunch. Go for that.
Top handle if it’s from reductions get the 2511. Change the bar and sprocket to run the stihl chain. If you want it for larger take downs then the 360.
Run several tanks of through as they are tight when you and pick up in power after a dozen tanks of fuel. Then send it to spud to jazz it up and you won’t be disappointed [emoji106]

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, lux said:

The 501sx is your comparative ground saw cc wise but the next one up the 620sx is the pic of the bunch. Go for that.
Top handle if it’s from reductions get the 2511. Change the bar and sprocket to run the stihl chain. If you want it for larger take downs then the 360.
Run several tanks of through as they are tight when you and pick up in power after a dozen tanks of fuel. Then send it to spud to jazz it up and you won’t be disappointed emoji106.png

Would you say the 620sx is the best that echo do in that range I’m looking for?

I tend to not do that many big take downs to maybe the 2511 would be best ?

tell me more about spud what’s that about? 

Spud is on the forum. Have a look for his posts. He is a 2 stroke / small engine mechanic. He carries out porting / tuning work which will liven any saw up. Porting is common in the US but not so much here. He modified the exhaust on my 2511 and I love that saw. He’s ported a 50cc husky for me which zips pretty good now. [emoji106]
Re the ground saw. Both are great. The 620 is universally appreciated. If weight / size of saw is a concern get the 501. Run it in then port it. The only negative I’ve heard about the 501 is the air filter can allow some fines through although there may be a fix or echo may have changed the design but a really decent saw. I’ve found my echo kit very reliable.
Best thing about the 501 is it has no electronics to play up. Just a good old carburettor [emoji106]

9 minutes ago, lux said:

Spud is on the forum. Have a look for his posts. He is a 2 stroke / small engine mechanic. He carries out porting / tuning work which will liven any saw up. Porting is common in the US but not so much here. He modified the exhaust on my 2511 and I love that saw. He’s ported a 50cc husky for me which zips pretty good now. emoji106.png
Re the ground saw. Both are great. The 620 is universally appreciated. If weight / size of saw is a concern get the 501. Run it in then port it. The only negative I’ve heard about the 501 is the air filter can allow some fines through although there may be a fix or echo may have changed the design but a really decent saw. I’ve found my echo kit very reliable.
Best thing about the 501 is it has no electronics to play up. Just a good old carburettor emoji106.png

Perfect I think I’ll go for that then will be a while before it’s ported I think especially with all this virus stuff glad you told me about that though will definitely make a difference on the bigger stuff! I’ve noticed that there are two 2511s ECHO CS-2511TES and ECHO CS-2511TES-C guessing the C is some sort of electronic start or something? 

501 sounds good that’s what I’ll probably go for I think the electronics now a days are the reason most saws screw up