Who’s going to work today?

bggc

1 hour ago, Johnsond said:

Well fucked off to tell truth Kev 

worst thing is we had no choice at all but to go down the route we did. Something HMRC are well aware of but just don’t seem to give a shit 

They fucking work for YOU, it’s not the other way round!

Their own customer charter states that they are to adopt the position that everything you say & do is genuine UNLESS they can prove otherwise. I forget the exact wording but it’s well worth looking up. 

@harvey b davison sounds like they played the billy big bollox with you mate. As above, well worth having a nosey at their charter. Cnuts- all of them!

• Like 2

On 29/03/2020 at 19:28, trigger_andy said:

That is how it looks currently, I can see that getting drastically re-defined in the coming days. 

Interestingly up here Andy it seems to be unless your work contributes to the C19 area then it's deemed non-essential - definite differences in detail between Holyrood and Westminster in what's specified.  But at the same time Sturgeon also stated that window cleaners and gardeners that could work without coming into contact with other could do so as they will assist the elderly / others who are isolated etc and hence deliver a necessary service.

Saw the same kind of thing but the other way round in a Confor note that someone (sorry forgot who) posted the other day saying that firewood and other fuel-related processing activities could continue.  Again, up here it seems to stretch only to biomass and pallets etc ie fuel that's not deemed essential.  So if you sell logs to a family with a log boiler then in theory you can keep going.

2 minutes ago, Puffingbilly413 said:

Interestingly up here Andy it seems to be unless your work contributes to the C19 area then it's deemed non-essential - definite differences in detail between Holyrood and Westminster in what's specified.  But at the same time Sturgeon also stated that window cleaners and gardeners that could work without coming into contact with other could do so as they will assist the elderly / others who are isolated etc and hence deliver a necessary service.

Saw the same kind of thing but the other way round in a Confor note that someone (sorry forgot who) posted the other day saying that firewood and other fuel-related processing activities could continue.  Again, up here it seems to stretch only to biomass and pallets etc ie fuel that's not deemed essential.  So if you sell logs to a family with a log boiler then in theory you can keep going.

Yeh, its a right muddled mess. : D I can fully understand folk who come in no contact with others should be allowed to carry on. I also see the toss side that they may be putting themselves in harms way needlessly and require medical assistance form those that need to care for people that have come down with The Rona. Basically taking much needed life saving equipment from someone who is already dying through no fault of their own verses someone who's needlessly putting them,selves in harms way for make a few quid when there is already packages in place to ensure they dont need too. 

So whats really needed is proper clarification. :) 

2 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Yeh, its a right muddled mess. : D I can fully understand folk who come in no contact with others should be allowed to carry on. I also see the toss side that they may be putting themselves in harms way needlessly and require medical assistance form those that need to care for people that have come down with The Rona. Basically taking much needed life saving equipment from someone who is already dying through no fault of their own verses someone who's needlessly putting them,selves in harms way for make a few quid when there is already packages in place to ensure they dont need too. 

So whats really needed is proper clarification. :) 

I must state right away that the FM is not someone I would normally even bother listening to (none of them really) but I think just now she has been pretty good at providing as much detail as is possible.  As she's said, it's not possible for them to second guess every possible working situation.

So basically the choice comes down to stopping everything less basic real life support or doing what we're doing and relying on people's good judgment...

Guys any one ever seen one of these 

IMG-20171009-WA0028.thumb.jpg.868883d966750b16cd8a358abe40c2e2.jpg

Yeah! A guy called “topchippyles” posted it on a forum called “Arbtalk” ?
Yeah i’ve seen a roofline like you have shown (assume its the roof and its extended curvy dormer type arrangement your on about [emoji6]) usually abroad though, France mainly, usually in remoter places, not in built up villages/towns. Not sure of their relevance to remote places (if any) interesting question Les, why the ask?
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Because that is my place in the photo as it happens.Just wondered because in some parts of the uk they have different styles and i love roofing 

Where you at in UK Les? Can’t say i’ve seen many rooflines like that in the UK but i aint no pro on the matter, i’ve researched loads through wanting to do home/previous projects etc, but never really come across them in UK.
You replacing it? as is or wanting to change? Its a nice sleek gentle look to it.... like it [emoji106]
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, trigger_andy said:

I love the flow of it. But why is there not  window? 

There is but that is a photo of when i was building it,Its the best one i have ever seen by a mile. But look at it andy and think why. Took me 7 years to work out how to perfect it 

• Like 1