Who’s going to work today?

bggc

8 hours ago, scbk said:

Read it again, if you're an anti social bastard they are saying you're fine to work?

That is how I would read it.  We are still working in the office, all be it as few people as possible coming in, but it is not a case of shut down the business.  The guys that can't work without coming in are in, but shifts are also in place to further minimise contact.  If you can keep your distance from each other and clients I see no reason for you all to stop work.

• Like 3

I saw pure stupidity yesterday. My French friend who's a gardener, was working at the holiday home opposite my house, he saw me at my van, which is in my enclosed garden, gates locked, wandered up to talk.  I told him not to come close as my wife is still recovering from the virus, he jumped back with a look of horror on his face. I explained that we have to be totally isolated for 14 days after she was taken to hospital, can't go out for shopping or a walk around for exercise. We then discussed what a terrible thing it is. He turned round, walked across to two builders' vans working opposite,  one van had one bloke in it, the other had two , and started to have a conversation with them, almost shoulder to shoulder. I could not believe it, he is a young man with a wife and two small children, putting all his family at risk. I am allowed out for shopping this Monday and to go to the workshop who does my grinder repairs. If anyone comes within the 2 metre zone I shall announce in a loud voice that I am recovering from the plague. That should stop them. Unfortunately the French love to congregate and natter, I can't see this changing much.

What is most annoying is the prospect of loosing out on work too others who are just carrying on regardless, & from what iv'e read this lockdown may be carrying on in some form for up to 2yrs.

Edited by Stere
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stere said:

What is most annoying is the prospect of loosing out on work too others who are just carrying on regardless, & from what iv'e read this lockdown may be carrying on in some form for up to 2yrs.

Two years!, if this goes on much longer than these 3 week...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Working as a team of two, 4 days this week.
I have a bottle of vanilla scented alcohol and tissues ready to wipe any surfaces such as the krab, pulley I send to the climber and my gloves (List is not exhaustive) 
The chipper and truck are my domain.
The climber has his own transport.
He climbs on srt so it takes a minute or less to ascend a tree so coming down to fill his own saw isn't an issue.
I sent up the Longboy after drenching it in alcohol.
The rope is a vector, not just for Covid-19 but typhoid, cholera, norovirus and toxoplasmosis but it's handled with gloves which are regularly drenched in alcohol.
Climber normally looks like a homeless guy in a harness but when I pointed out this virus has boosted his personal appearance and hygiene somewhat, he replied that he was back with his girlfriend.
Today he pushed the chipper twice, I wiped down those surfaces.
If this continues, I might even be tempted to polish the thing.
This morning, an elderly 'bourgeoisie' couple stopped on the footpath and had a go at the climber for working.
His reply was along the lines of "You have a fat retirement, I only have todays wage"
He's not lying, I'm his only employeur in this current situation and his van is trapped in a garage awaiting a new injector system.
Thursday and Friday for another local commune (council)
Police permission granted to work on the roadside.
I'm hoping to unscrew some new road signs and do a couple of cheeky fells.
Week after I'm hoping to get on with prioritising the jobs that might get cancelled or trimmed down if delayed longer. 
 I'm keen not to lose a centime now because I see a future of austerity ahead.
   Stuart

[emoji1303]
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JACK MOODY GROUP said:

HI chaps, 

I know its a long shot and keeping safe is the main priority, however, Our company supplies arb chip to power stations and as long as they keep running, so do we. I do advertise each day on the general blog page. Please take a minute to have a look. - Many thanks  

I remember as a kid seeing haulage firm called "Moody Bros " round Yorkshire an thinking wouldn't want to be friends with them ! Bedford TK and ERF wagons. K