Who’s going to work today?

bggc

1 minute ago, Dan Maynard said:

The word essential was removed from the headline guidance on gov.uk, I believe because it causes this confusion.

It never did mean essential work, it was essential travel because you can't work from home. The guidance is that we should work if we're not in a business that is required to close.

"With the exception of the organisations covered above in the section on closing certain businesses and venues, the government has not required any other businesses to close – indeed it is important for business to carry on."

I think it's going to be months, not a question of staying in for a few weeks until it passes by and then everything is ok.

Interesting. I’ve not seen that stance repeated by the Scottish government- has anyone else?

Just now, topchippyles said:

I do not get involves normally in other peoples spats but why dont you just keep your opinions to your self Puffingbilly413  . Who the hell are you to tell people if thy are right or wrong to go to work in these difficult times. 80 posts in 5 years, really are one who sits on the fence for sure  ?

It’s just an opinion. Why’s mine less valid?

5 minutes ago, Puffingbilly413 said:

Interesting. I’ve not seen that stance repeated by the Scottish government- has anyone else?

WWW.GOV.SCOT

Guidance for businesses in Scotland on social distancing, including the closure of all retailers...

Be Responsible

In this public health crisis it is vital that ALL businesses act responsibly and align fully with the social distancing measures introduced to protect the nation’s heath, well-being and economic future

As such we would advise all business premises, sites and attractions to close now unless:

• essential to the health and welfare of the country during this crisis (as defined below); or
  • supporting (or being repurposed to support) essential services; or
  • capable of working in a way which is fully consistent with established social distancing advice; or
  • wider public health, health and safety or other considerations apply and require a facility or service to continue to operate  or a specific period of time for a safe shutdown process to be completed.

Just now, topchippyles said:

Its not but some times best kept to your self. Made my point end of subject no offence meant ?

No offence meant or taken either. It is a forum though. It would be pretty pointless if we kept our opinions to ourselves. I don’t post that often that’s true. I find myself with a lot more time on my hands currently though.

• Like 2

WWW.GOV.SCOT
Guidance for businesses in Scotland on social distancing, including the closure of all retailers...  

Be Responsible

In this public health crisis it is vital that ALL businesses act responsibly and align fully with the social distancing measures introduced to protect the nation’s heath, well-being and economic future

As such we would advise all business premises, sites and attractions to close now unless:

• essential to the health and welfare of the country during this crisis (as defined below); or
  • capable of working in a way which is fully consistent with established social distancing advice; or
  • wider public health, health and safety or other considerations apply and require a facility or service to continue to operate  or a specific period of time for a safe shutdown process to be completed.

So for those that are not Scottish we can carry on... as kevin has already pointed out.
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, scbk said:

WWW.GOV.SCOT

Be Responsible

Thanks - that’s what I’m working off and why I’ve chosen to cease work. I can’t really work and guarantee I can observe the social distancing measures 100%.  I don’t know any other tree firms round here working either but I guess there may be some. Clients to a great extent have made the decision anyway for us all.

• Like 1

WWW.GOV.UK

Find out about the government response to coronavirus (COVID-19) and what you need to do.

Not sure why there is such confusion over work, or not to work. Pretty simple there on the government website. There's also radio ads on the national stations saying the same thing. 

It's a personal decision whether to work or not, not the law. Obviously whatever we chose we should adhere to the social distancing guidelines. In our line of work that is very easy.

We're in a 3 week partial lockdown, what if its extended another 3 weeks? Or it goes from partial to complete lockdown? 

• Like 2