Who’s going to work today?

bggc

Cheers mathew and that is the only one i have seen except the other 2 i have done.Where the secret is the distance between the ridge and the eaves coarse. Mine is well over a metre shorter between the top of the eyebrow  bottom eaves coarse and the  top ridge line.The distance from the fascia to the top ridge line on the main roof is 1.1 meters longer. How can one get the tiles to run in a straight line when you factor that in

Example if to have 10 rows of tiles and and they are spaced at 300 mm gauges which would give you a 3 metre rafter length give or take, Try and get those 10 rows of tines to work  at 2.5 metre rafter length in the middle of the roof then coming back to 3 metres the other end ??? in a straight line 
Well spotted Mathew.

Les I was going to say the one that kev posted, looks to me as though it has been 'planted' on, as I can see definite ridge and valley lines, that seem as though they have just been bodged over , whereas yours has the continuous flow effect that is needed to make them work.

Have you a formula for working them out or is it just tial and error. My head hurts just thinking about it. I love traditional roofing, but that would certainly test me.

4 minutes ago, Jack.P said:

Ended up doing domestic fencing jobs all week but having thought about it more wish I had just stayed at home or did a job bit more out of the way

materials now difficult to get hold of

Sounds like your lucky, now't going on bar the rent around these parts.

3 minutes ago, 5 shires said:

That horse has bolted now fella so move on..I have.

You've moved on? Hopefully to a position where you've stopped work and observing some form of lockdown like the majority whose work is not essential to beating this thing back.  Sooner you get it, sooner we can all go back to work.

6 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Neither have I, is that something to be ashamed about when you've been a grafter all your life?, we're in strange times.

No it isn't, today's figures look grim and I don't like to be a scare monger but without people doing what has been asked it will look scarily worse, anyone who tries to liken this to the flu doesn't understand anything about a "Novel Corona Virus" and should stay in for their own safety.
I take my hat off to anyone who stopped or shut down.
I am gutted this week to learn that of all the firms I spoke to on Tuesday morning that agreed they would shut down, there is only 2 of us that did, It's bloody depressing to know those tossers are out there carrying on and taking some of the work we should be doing, but then my family are far more important to me than anything else.

• Like 3