Who’s going to work today?

bggc

21 minutes ago, Puffingbilly413 said:

I must state right away that the FM is not someone I would normally even bother listening to (none of them really) but I think just now she has been pretty good at providing as much detail as is possible.  As she's said, it's not possible for them to second guess every possible working situation.

So basically the choice comes down to stopping everything less basic real life support or doing what we're doing and relying on people's good judgment...

I dont know who FM is? 

Anyway,

Yes, we have two options, have a state much akin to India where everyone is flouting the rules and gets whipped with sticks. Or we an rely on peoples good judgement, which I think the UK is trying to implement but in reality we're acting like India. We just dont get to beat the perpetrators with a stick. 

But we blame the government because the people are acting like animals and only thinking about themselves. Its hand rubbing time for Corbynistas but a sad day for everyone else. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ratman said:

Where you at in UK Les? Can’t say i’ve seen many rooflines like that in the UK but i aint no pro on the matter, i’ve researched loads through wanting to do home/previous projects etc, but never really come across them in UK.
You replacing it? as is or wanting to change? Its a nice sleek gentle look to it.... like it emoji106.png

I am in south wales,Seen one down in west wales back in  1988 and always wanted to do one. Went down 20 years later and took a second look and what a pile of crap. Anyway its there to stay and something i am very proud of hence topchippyles  is what they call me (nickname) and it stuck ?

Edited by topchippyles
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

I dont know who FM is? 

Anyway,

Yes, we have two options, have a state much akin to India where everyone is flouting the rules and gets whipped with sticks. Or we an rely on peoples good judgement, which I think the UK is trying to implement but in reality we're acting like India. We just dont get to beat the perpetrators with a stick. 

But we blame the government because the people are acting like animals and only thinking about themselves. Its hand rubbing time for Corbynistas but a sad day for everyone else. 

Sorry FM is First Minister. Couldn’t be arsed writing it but now written loads more!

I like the India sticks approach. More needed along that line really.

6 weeks of total hardcore lockdown and this could be done. Albeit we’d need to keep borders shut.

On a more positive note I’m seeing so many more species of garden bird this year. Probs due to sitting on phone conferences looking out the window having switched off to the dull pish in my ears!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Puffingbilly413 said:

Sorry FM is First Minister. Couldn’t be arsed writing it but now written loads more!

I like the India sticks approach. More needed along that line really.

6 weeks of total hardcore lockdown and this could be done. Albeit we’d need to keep borders shut.

On a more positive note I’m seeing so many more species of garden bird this year. Probs due to sitting on phone conferences looking out the window having switched off to the dull pish in my ears!

Ah I should have got that. :) 

Yeh, its clear that in light of a lack of strict rules we in the UK need a big bloody stick to keep us in line. Tinfoil Hat time but I really dont think we should be giving our government any further encouragement that is what we need in the UK. Start setting precedents like this and they wont give us the option next time and we'll actually welcome it. 

Yip, there is certainly a lot to be said about having significantly fewer people around the world. Almost instantly we see a huge radiance to the environment. Yet we're sold we can house significantly more people with no detrimental effect to mother nature. Hopefully we can start to see thats simply not true and the latest sentiments from Sir David Attenborough on this subject are finally heeded. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

There is but that is a photo of when i was building it,Its the best one i have ever seen by a mile. But look at it andy and think why. Took me 7 years to work out how to perfect it 

The window is called an eyebrow window, when there is a window installed. There are a couple in my area. I will take a photo when near there in the future ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, arboriculturist said:

The window is called an eyebrow window, when there is a window installed. There are a couple in my area. I will take a photo when near there in the future ?

I built it and 2 others and can confirm i know its called an eyebrow window ? Not much of a chippy if i build something and do not know whats its called ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, topchippyles said:

Guys any one ever seen one of these 

IMG-20171009-WA0028.thumb.jpg.868883d966750b16cd8a358abe40c2e2.jpg

Yes..I have been cutting a mature Beech Hedge in the first 2 weeks of August for the last 16 years and the house has a double window formation like that in Gr Whitley Worcestershire.

Always admired how neat the flow looks and all done with the same size tiles..very cleaver and skilful.

• Like 2

On 28/03/2020 at 18:49, skyhuck said:

Really!!?? Really!!??

We in the west have collectively turned a blind eye to China's appalling record on human right, treatmeant  of animals and shocking lack of democracy for decades, because they provide us with cheap convenient products, but boy are we reaping our just desserts now!!!

Going forward I am going to make it my mission in life to never again buy Chinese products, it won't be easy, but I will be giving it my all to boycott them!!

they reckon a lot of the climbing hardware is assembled in china, cheaper.

9 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

Yeh, its a right muddled mess. : D I can fully understand folk who come in no contact with others should be allowed to carry on. I also see the toss side that they may be putting themselves in harms way needlessly and require medical assistance form those that need to care for people that have come down with The Rona. Basically taking much needed life saving equipment from someone who is already dying through no fault of their own verses someone who's needlessly putting them,selves in harms way for make a few quid when there is already packages in place to ensure they dont need too. 

So whats really needed is proper clarification. :) 

Where do you draw the line though. I’ve worked in my own in remote places for the last 11 years and never needed medical assistance in that time, but I could just as easily slip down the stairs at home because I’ve had too much to drink- or the wife has hit me over the head with a frozen leg of lamb out of pure fustration.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1