Who’s going to work today?

bggc

Well after been off this week from tuesday i am told by the HR company i employ and the accountant that if i can work then i must. If i can work this makes myself and my guys not eligible for the Coronavirus job retention payments ( we are all employees).

But non of them know for sure as the gov advice is vague. 

If we were in Ireland then i would know for sure as its non essential work.

So back to work from tomorrow. 

If anyone knows otherwise please enlighten me!

11 minutes ago, jose said:

Well after been off this week from tuesday i am told by the HR company i employ and the accountant that if i can work then i must. If i can work this makes myself and my guys not eligible for the Coronavirus job retention payments ( we are all employees).

If we were in Ireland then i would know for sure as its non essential work.

So back to work from tomorrow. 

If anyone knows otherwise please enlighten me!

Simple way around this. Ask your gaffa/firm/ employer who ever to do a risk assessment and sign it so it validates your insurances as an employer and for your employees. If they are not prepared to do this then ask for a covenant letter (signed) informing you that safety due to the current situation it is not an option but to stay at home. Should be enough to satisfy all parties (Good luck) use common sense 

Edited by topchippyles
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, skyhuck said:

When you cough you spray WATER droplets. If it were AIR borne, 2M distance would do FA, just being in the same room as someone would be enough for you to catch it.

Which I worry is how so many medics are succumbing  to it, true a droplet can contain many viruses and falls to the floor quickly but the virology suggests a virus has a half life in air of 3 hours. What is unknown is what viral load entering the lungs will overcome normal defences.

I've a client wants to start a clearance job for a major hospital near us tomorrow. Don't think this will be happening , lads scattered into the four winds last week to boot  , I may well carry on myself with some council grass cutting as long as people keep out of my way . 

5 hours ago, jose said:

It’s not vague. It’s been perfectly clear. 

Work from home if possible, if you absolutely cannot work from home, go to work and implement current guidelines. 

That’s why travel to work is 1 of the 4 exempted activities. 

• Like 4

Just now, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

It’s not vague. It’s been perfectly clear. 

Work from home if possible, if you absolutely cannot work from home, go to work and implement current guidelines. 

That’s why travel to work is 1 of the 4 exempted activities. 

That is how it looks currently, I can see that getting drastically re-defined in the coming days. 

• Like 1

Just now, trigger_andy said:

That is how it looks currently, I can see that getting drastically re-defined in the coming days. 

Of my many talents, foretelling the future isn’t quite as strong a suit as interpreting the present. 

I’d perhaps be inclined to agree, since our policy seems to be based upon what is happening in London - as for hereabouts, it is genuinely, spookily, hauntingly deserted..

Freaking me out a bit!

• Like 2