Who’s going to work today?

bggc

23 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Me mun and dad used to kick about with Shirley at Bucknall Working Mans club back in the day.

James Shirley, Arthur's brother, died very recently. He had Parkinsons disease.

Arthur still runs the business, but has had a few health problems, and his son now runs a significant haulage fleet out of Cheadle, MJS transport.

40 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

I'll probably pull there in the summer for a week or two, come n bang on the door if you see an old Mercedes 811d parked over the way.

Still a lovely part of the world, I don’t blame you for spending a few weeks here.

My Wifes friends took over the Boat a few weeks before Christmas, talk about savage time to take on a Pub, but hopefully they’ll get back on track when this mess is all over.

3 minutes ago, maybelateron said:

James Shirley, Arthur's brother, died very recently. He had Parkinsons disease.

Arthur still runs the business, but has had a few health problems, and his son now runs a significant haulage fleet out of Cheadle, MJS transport.

Red cabs, silver/chrome tankers.

27 minutes ago, Mr. Squirrel said:

I don't understand what you're trying to point out here. You've been buying Chinese rubbish, thereby supporting said human, animal and ecological rights abuses, and now you're mad at them for it? 

Don't buy Chinese rubbish, I do the same, smart consumer decision. I don't understand how this makes 5 shires comment in any way acceptable...

Are you really that thick?

We have all collectively been complicit in ignoring how vile China really is. They are no better than Hitler. They put muslims in concentration camps!!! And we just ignored it because we got half decent stuff for peanuts. And now we are getting what we deserve. Wether this virus is deliberate or accidental, its down to the way the filthy Chinese live.

IMO, it time to freeze them out, don't finance their appalling system.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, LGP Eddie said:

Still a lovely part of the world, I don’t blame you for spending a few weeks here.

My Wifes friends took over the Boat a few weeks before Christmas, talk about savage time to take on a Pub, but hopefully they’ll get back on track when this mess is all over.

Near across the road from the Boat is Church lane/road, I used to get lunch in a place up there.

5 minutes ago, skyhuck said:

Are you really that thick?

We have all collectively been complicit in ignoring how vile China really is. They are no better than Hitler. They put muslims in concentration camps!!! And we just ignored it because we got half decent stuff for peanuts. And now we are getting what we deserve. Wether this virus is deliberate or accidental, its down to the way the filthy Chinese live.

IMO, it time to freeze them out, don't finance there appalling system.

I'm not contesting the countries track record. I used to live and work there so I'm far, far from ignorant to the ways in which the country works. I don't need to hear them from you.

But tarring an entire nations people with the same brush 'filthy Chinese' is unacceptable and disgusting language.

I know this is taking the thread off topic a bit and I apologise to the bystanders, but I just don't think it's ok to stand aside and turn a blind eye to this kind of thing.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Mr. Squirrel said:

I'm not contesting the countries track record. I used to live and work there so I'm far, far from ignorant to the ways in which the country works. I don't need to hear them from you.

But tarring an entire nations people with the same brush 'filthy Chinese' is unacceptable and disgusting language.

I know this is taking the thread off topic a bit and I apologise to the bystanders, but I just don't think it's ok to stand aside and turn a blind eye to this kind of thing.

But you are happy to "turn a blind eye" to people being "disappeared" concentration camps, organ harvesting, cooking dogs and other animals alive..... etc, etc........ 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, skyhuck said:

But you are happy to "turn a blind eye" to people being "disappeared" concentration camps, organ harvesting, cooking dogs and other animals alive..... etc, etc........ 

Eh, nope... I never said any of that. You're havering now fella. 

I simply called you and 5 shires out on your use of language towards Chinese people.

• Like 3

Just now, Mr. Squirrel said:

Eh, nope... I never said any of that. You're havering now fella. 

I simply called you and 5 shires out on your use of language towards Chinese people.

Whilst the derogatory yet reactionary use of language for an entire nation is wrong surely you can see measures against the country need put in place til the country as a whole seriously improves things from within? Sanctions should really be put in place but thats never gonna happen for a number of reasons. So the only thing we can do as individuals is stop buying their products. But it will be a token gesture, nothing more.