Who’s going to work today?

bggc

On 24/03/2020 at 08:49, andy perkins said:

big thanks to your wife mine is going through cemo at the moment

Sorry to hear this Andy,my wife comes home absolutely knackered having worked in a isolation unit for over six hours in full kit, in a understaffed unit,(7.45-4-00pm job) with minimum resources, on a quarter of a train drivers wage,who have just striked for a bigger wage, (53k -£67k?)my wife is never late for work, never shirks her duties and has never had a day off sick, she takes pride in what she does and will work later to make sure she gets chemo orders out Even if  she clocked off how ever late it takes,and she’s far from being the only one in the nhs, me sitting at home ,makes me feel very guilty, but come 8pm tonight, I will pass her a glass of wine, and stand on my doorstep and applaud her and everyone else at the forefront of this crazy panademic,in the meantime, I will hold off on domestic tree work,until,it’s safe to do so.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, delabodge said:

Sorry to hear this Andy,my wife comes home absolutely knackered having worked in a isolation unit for over six hours in full kit, in a understaffed unit,(7.45-4-00pm job) with minimum resources, on a quarter of a train drivers wage,who have just striked for a bigger wage, (53k -£67k?)my wife is never late for work, never shirks her duties and has never had a day off sick, she takes pride in what she does and will work later to make sure she gets chemo orders out Even if  she clocked off how ever late it takes,and she’s far from being the only one in the nhs, me sitting at home ,makes me feel very guilty, but come 8pm tonight, I will pass her a glass of wine, and stand on my doorstep and applaud her and everyone else at the forefront of this crazy panademic,in the meantime, I will hold off on domestic tree work,until,it’s safe to do so.

Can you pass on my thanks, please?

Shes doing an amazing and often thankless job and they deserve so much respect. The Americans often thank passing Armed Forces Personnel with a 'thank you for your service' right now (as always) the NHS workers deserve the same level of respect and gratitude from us. 

I think with 400,000 people volunteering to assist in this pandemic shows how much the UK truly appreciated the work they do. :) 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Can you pass on my thanks, please?

Shes doing an amazing and often thankless job and they deserve so much respect. The Americans often thank passing Armed Forces Personnel with a 'thank you for your service' right now (as always) the NHS workers deserve the same level of respect and gratitude from us. 

I think with 400,000 people volunteering to assist in this pandemic shows how much the UK truly appreciated the work they do. :) 

I will do mate, very very proud of her and the rest of my family in the nhs, ,thank you?

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, EdwardC said:

More leadership Boris style.

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Number of people in UK who died with coronavirus jumps by more...

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Opposition parties accuse No 10 of putting "Brexit over breathing" by...

Get breathing done.

I thought we've been asked to keep politics out of it? 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, woody paul said:

Been thinking today,, how is going to want us after all this stops, tree work is not essential to a lot of gardens if money is tight and it's going to be extra tight.

For sure- for me I think the long term implications of all this is probably more concerning than the virus itself . Severe economic global depression I reckon with far reaching consequences, It’d be nice to think that there will be a reduction in  globalisation and countries could aim to become more self sufficient and content with what we have here rather than all this ridiculous travelling all over the place, everyday foods in supermarkets coming half way round the world etc...

• Like 7

Well I came home yesterday on sick. I work for the NHS on maintenance, beginning of week felt crap, Tuesday night, got no sleep at all, banging headache and a head cold, couldn't breath blocked nose etc, went into work Wednesday morning, explained to boss, told him what I had, and that I didn't want to pass in on to anyone else so I was going home. He wasn't happy at all, but with what's happening at the moment, didn't want to risk it. Will go back in Monday. Have heard the other lads have been told to expect to move dead bodies at some stage, strange times.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1