Who’s going to work today?

bggc

First day off from the shop today. We've now closed to public coming in, but telephone orders etc. Can either be delivered or picked up from outside the shop. I've only been at home because I'm just shop front

51 minutes ago, EdwardC said:

Nah. It was a rat with pretensions of being middle class. Middle class rats eat granola with goji berries and quinoa with semi-skimmed. Upper class rats eat the same but add almond milk.

I think you will find in Wimbledon they are actually Siberian hamsters  K

• Like 1

Guest Gimlet

If a rat eats enough granola eventually its teeth will fall out and it will die of diabetes. 

If I get rats they will be eating Jordans natural muesli with no added salt and sugar. They could become super rats. I must be careful. 

10 hours ago, Big J said:

Thanks for that Beau.

As much as we're enjoying having the little darlings around all day, every day, I might have a conversation with the school this week about possibly returning them at some point. In all honesty, I think they'd appreciate some return to routine.

We got a letter from our school- my wife is NHS so key worker but I’m not so obviously children (child in our case) weren’t expected to be at school. Seems fair to me otherwise when you look at key workers list I reckon almost everyone’s other half would be considered one! ? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, peatff said:

The buildings are not made of wood any more so the fire is not going to spread like the original.

That is a good point. I hadn't thought about that. Glass and steel are less likely to burn until it gets to become a very hot fire.

But what about all the polyester in the clothes shops? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EdwardC said:

Nah. It was a rat with pretensions of being middle class. Middle class rats eat granola with goji berries and quinoa with semi-skimmed. Upper class rats eat the same but add almond milk.

Yes that's a good point. But is it unsweetened organic almond milk or sweetened and would it not be bought at Waitrose rather than Tesco's or Asda. 

Well, I got an email from an association of landscapers CNAPT (the French love their acronyms) saying that we CAN go to work.

Phoned up the landscape/maintenance company that run 30 odd staff, they said they’d restarted Tuesday. Saw a tree guy working on the way home.

So we’re going back to it, 2 blokes, 2 vans, no contact with clients etc.

I can’t sit here for another fortnight whilst everyone else is keeping going.

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 5