Who’s going to work today?

bggc

39 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Bank have just okayed a 6 month pause on the repayments on my biggest loan.

They approached me, which was nice, set up the paperwork, all I had to do was send an email back.

It all helps.

Same here Mick with Aviva who I have all my insurances with, totals around €3,700 per year, that's health cover, vehicles, house, personal cover etc. Had an email yesterday asking if I needed to delay my payments. I refused as I'd rather keep the sum from mounting up then having more to find. Unlike a lot on here, our state pension will help us out. I feel sorry for the lads who are going to struggle to live.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Husqvarna King said:

As well as tree work I have cancelled for the next couple of weeks I have 2 fortnightly grass contracts, one at a school and another on a common area in a private estate of 40 houses. I cut them last week but not sure what to do....do I leave them to grow, I have a feeling that three weeks at home will not be the end of this.

Official word is, grass cutting is classed as non essential, soothe parish council have told me not to do it. Cricket field will now be  hay meadow!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, David Cropper said:

Same here Mick with Aviva who I have all my insurances with, totals around €3,700 per year, that's health cover, vehicles, house, personal cover etc. Had an email yesterday asking if I needed to delay my payments. I refused as I'd rather keep the sum from mounting up then having more to find. Unlike a lot on here, our state pension will help us out. I feel sorry for the lads who are going to struggle to live.

I should add - personal money is ok (small army pension and wife is a teacher) so we won't starve.  It's just the firm that is going into suspended animation.  Reading others' posts on here, the situation could be far worse so I am more than grateful for small mercies.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Bank have just okayed a 6 month pause on the repayments on my biggest loan.

They approached me, which was nice, set up the paperwork, all I had to do was send an email back.

It all helps.

That's good news Mick.  I think banks realise that they need people to stay afloat - it's in everyone's interest.  I might be wrong but Macron seemed to get the scale of the financial problem and how the state would need to support all aspects of the economy very early on.  We are catching up but still a way to go.  I'm hoping my bank will come good - reckon they've got a few bigger fish to fry than me first though! Ed

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Puffingbilly413 said:

That's good news Mick.  I think banks realise that they need people to stay afloat - it's in everyone's interest.  I might be wrong but Macron seemed to get the scale of the financial problem and how the state would need to support all aspects of the economy very early on.  We are catching up but still a way to go.  I'm hoping my bank will come good - reckon they've got a few bigger fish to fry than me first though! Ed

Tbh, I was rather surprised at their willingness to help.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Tbh, I was rather surprised at their willingness to help.

I expect the state has been reminding banks that they themselves have needed help before.  That and seeing the enormity of the issue in Italy and Spain has probably brought it home that everyone needs to be in it together (but from a distance!)

• Like 1