Who’s going to work today?

bggc

Just now, Gardenscape said:

What's the situation with the virus spreading further outside? I don't by the two metre distance when outside because surely a slight breeze can take the droplets much further, just like the case with tree diseases spreading miles with the wind.

Its 1m indoors and 2m outdoors. Its a balancing act between being unmanageable and having a working system. The advice to not to go out at all really and avoid all contact. Not sure if it would still work being carried on the wind for miles and then landing directly in your mouth or eyes? Sounds highly unlikely and if that was the case Im sure we'd all have it by now. Certainly every single person within a hospital would, or everyone who's been on a train, flight, cruise ship, hotel etc with a confirmed case. Which is not happening. 

22 minutes ago, Gardenscape said:

What's the situation with the virus spreading further outside? I don't by the two metre distance when outside because surely a slight breeze can take the droplets much further, just like the case with tree diseases spreading miles with the wind.

It's a reasonable compromise, after all the intent is to slow the spread so that it becomes manageable. Currently there are 18 thousand confirmed cases and estimated about 200 thousand people with it, many being unaware. So the chances of being downnwind of one in a population of 60 million is small.

Also no one seems to know what load of virus gives the infection or how many viruses are produced by an ill person.

My guess is they hope there to be no more than half a million infected at one time but currently they say only 155 people are recovered from the disease, that will take a very long time to work through the population.

• Like 1

HMRC ?‍♂️
Well just to start off the week the way  the last one  ended ie with the project myself and another 30 guys Were supposed to be starting tomorrow getting shelved for the foreseeable future due to the current circumstances. Myself and a most of the aforementioned guys stuck in an investigation with HMRC over a situation we had no control over several years ago  have just received some eye watering life changing financial demands to be paid by April 20 ??.? So much for help and understanding for the self employed. Basically it’s pure bullshit and as usual the little man at the bottom gets totally humped.  

Edited by Johnsond

36 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Its 1m indoors and 2m outdoors. Its a balancing act between being unmanageable and having a working system. The advice to not to go out at all really and avoid all contact. Not sure if it would still work being carried on the wind for miles and then landing directly in your mouth or eyes? Sounds highly unlikely and if that was the case Im sure we'd all have it by now. Certainly every single person within a hospital would, or everyone who's been on a train, flight, cruise ship, hotel etc with a confirmed case. Which is not happening. 

I wouldn't stand even 2 metres near someone indoors let alone 1metre, I stand over 2 metres indoors or outdoors.
How far does a cough spread

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

HMRC ?‍♂️
Well just to start off the week the way  the one last ended ie with the project myself and another 30 guys Were supposed to be starting tomorrow getting shelved for the foreseeable future due to the current circumstances. Myself and a most of the aforementioned guys stuck in an investigation with HMRC over a situation we had no control over several years ago  have just received some eye watering life changing financial demands to be paid by April 20 ??.? So much for help and understanding for the self employed. Basically it’s pure bullshit and as usual the little man at the bottom gets totally humped.  

Bloody hell, what happened?

1 hour ago, Johnsond said:

HMRC ?‍♂️
Well just to start off the week the way  the one last ended ie with the project myself and another 30 guys Were supposed to be starting tomorrow getting shelved for the foreseeable future due to the current circumstances. Myself and a most of the aforementioned guys stuck in an investigation with HMRC over a situation we had no control over several years ago  have just received some eye watering life changing financial demands to be paid by April 20 ??.? So much for help and understanding for the self employed. Basically it’s pure bullshit and as usual the little man at the bottom gets totally humped.  

Were you paying yourself by means of a tax free loan?

2 hours ago, Johnsond said:

HMRC ?‍♂️

Can you share any details? 

20 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Can you share any details? 

Not in great detail but basically a total of 48 of us were at different times employed through an agency contracting us out etc. Told on numerous occasions yeah compliant not a problem all ok etc etc, key thing was if you didn’t go through the agency whom were the sole labour provider for the client we worked for basically you didn’t work, 4 years later HMRC come knocking saying you should have done X not Y  etc etc 

give us the difference in tax and oh by the way let’s have a bit of interest. Zero comment from agency and contracts manager from said agency whom no longer works there ?‍♂️?‍♂️Fucking brilliant. 
HMRC doing the standard thing and kicking the shit out the little guy. 
Stick in a bit of lock down and no work and things all of a sudden are looking pretty grim. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1