rope wrench.

struie

aright troops,been thinking for a while now of going over to srt,[age thing] would you need to use the rope wrench with the zigzag,have hunted through the vids on utube,mostly dan thearborist but cant find one that relates to the zigzag and rope wrench,any advice would be gratefully appreciated,cheers guys.

aright troops,been thinking for a while now of going over to srt,[age thing] would you need to use the rope wrench with the zigzag,have hunted through the vids on utube,mostly dan thearborist but cant find one that relates to the zigzag and rope wrench,any advice would be gratefully appreciated,cheers guys.

Think August Hunicke has a couple out there from a while back.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/03/2020 at 06:04, struie said:

Petal have a new Z.Z out which is compatible with MRS and SRS. There's a review of it in Arbclimber issue sixteen.

1 hour ago, thetoolnut said:

Petal have a new Z.Z out which is compatible with MRS and SRS. There's a review of it in Arbclimber issue sixteen.

hey toolnut,how u doin, have the new petzal zigzag,been climbing on it afew months now,but, was wondering if i needed the rope wrench with it,so will give that ac iss 16 a look,cheers my friend.

7 minutes ago, struie said:

hey toolnut,how u doin, have the new petzal zigzag,been climbing on it afew months now,but, was wondering if i needed the rope wrench with it,so will give that ac iss 16 a look,cheers my friend.

Not bad now, thanks, ? How are you keeping? The new Z.Z with the Chicane looks the tits, apart from it looking a bit clunky. Haven't had a chance to use one yet, another shiney bit of kit for my list! ???

24 minutes ago, thetoolnut said:

Not bad now, thanks, ? How are you keeping? The new Z.Z with the Chicane looks the tits, apart from it looking a bit clunky. Haven't had a chance to use one yet, another shiney bit of kit for my list! ???

i,the new zz is bigger than the old one,but its so smooth on drt.been thinkin on srt for a while now,didnt like the idea of the anchor down the back o the tree,so it would be canopy tie in once up their,what system you on toolnut.

21 minutes ago, struie said:

i,the new zz is bigger than the old one,but its so smooth on drt.been thinkin on srt for a while now,didnt like the idea of the anchor down the back o the tree,so it would be canopy tie in once up their,what system you on toolnut.

I climb mostly MRS with the older Z.Z and a H.C setup. That said I have an SRS setup that I use to access larger conifers and some broad leaves for pruning jobs. I use a B.A with a running Bowline with a yosimite tie off coupled with a R.W setup. I agree with your caution re: the B.A. I wouldn't use it on a rigging job for example. It's hard to beat SRS for access and then switching over to MRS to work the tree.

12 hours ago, thetoolnut said:

I climb mostly MRS with the older Z.Z and a H.C setup. That said I have an SRS setup that I use to access larger conifers and some broad leaves for pruning jobs. I use a B.A with a running Bowline with a yosimite tie off coupled with a R.W setup. I agree with your caution re: the B.A. I wouldn't use it on a rigging job for example. It's hard to beat SRS for access and then switching over to MRS to work the tree.

that sounds the dugs balls to me,was thinking along those lines,think you have it well sussed.im lucky here,at my back door is a good mix of woodland,some big sycamore with a big spread up top,i just hope they dont have a total clampdown,already had a dry run at gettn the log splitter and a ton or so logs into our back kitchen,sister no happy,women eh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, struie said:

that sounds the dugs balls to me,was thinking along those lines,think you have it well sussed.im lucky here,at my back door is a good mix of woodland,some big sycamore with a big spread up top,i just hope they dont have a total clampdown,already had a dry run at gettn the log splitter and a ton or so logs into our back kitchen,sister no happy,women eh.

Ah good man, plenty of time for rec climbing now so there is, ? Sycamore is nice to climb especially when it's mature. It's a great time for experimentation with new systems. She'll be glad of the heat from that timber if we get a cold snap. I'd be handing her the maul and I'd be telling her to get cracking with the splitting, ?????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thetoolnut said:

Ah good man, plenty of time for rec climbing now so there is, ? Sycamore is nice to climb especially when it's mature. It's a great time for experimentation with new systems. She'll be glad of the heat from that timber if we get a cold snap. I'd be handing her the maul and I'd be telling her to get cracking with the splitting, ?????

HAHA, the wood burner is in my new shed,thankfully it went up before the lurgy,20ft by10,already tryin to figure out how to extend lol,all chainsaws up on the shelves,climbin n riggin gear in bags or hung up,bed in for the dog, startn to think they should build climbers sheds oot o rubber,sqeeeeez more gear in.