Will we Be Getting Any Help??????????

5 shires

38 minutes ago, pie eater pete said:

My pennies worth...i feel we will get the shit end of the stick either way..we either get a pittance in benefits or continue to go out to work and get abuse for it. Either way i shall carrry on for the next two weeks or so that i still have work booked in.

With you on that one pie..I have work booked in and until someone says not to come a cancel I will keep going cause the bottom line is i have no fucking choice..if I don’t work I get nothing...I have just sold a truck and was going to use the money to spend on my other truck which needs new shocks,upgrade leaf spring and a few other bits and pieces but looks like I will have to set that aside now as cover even though I don’t live hand to mouth I live alone apart from my dog but have the normal everyday out goings as everyone else and not much in savings...I will just keep going.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Rough Hewn said:

No mate all invoiced, bacs transferred.
Small commercial contracts and milling.
Rarely see a back garden now.
And I get flack fir wanting to give an invoice and get a bank transfer.
Cash is a liability.
Especially if you're running a legit firm.
emoji106.png

Nice in these times though if one can get a bit of private work

Edited by topchippyles
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, 5 shires said:

With you on that one pie..I have work booked in and until someone says not to come a cancel I will keep going cause the bottom line is i have no fucking choice..if I don’t work I get nothing...I have just sold a truck and was going to use the money to spend on my other truck which needs new shocks,upgrade leaf spring and a few other bits and pieces but looks like I will have to set that aside now as cover even though I don’t live hand to mouth I live alone apart from my dog but have the normal everyday out goings as everyone else and not much in savings...I will just keep going.

I dont get the linch mobs on here. I comment Id do the same thing and people people are literally losing their minds, you guys pipe up and state the above and its all cool beans. :D:D:D 

Funny old world. :D 

But crack on guys, get that bread!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, trigger_andy said:

I dont get the linch mobs on here. I comment Id do the same thing and people people are literally losing their minds, you guys pipe up and state the above and its all cool beans. :D:D:D 

2 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

I do get how scary and obviously life threatening this virus is but my situation is I work mostly on my own and on everyday working very rearly come into contact with the client apart from when making a site vist for quotation.you can still be able to work as it’s all out side and still be sensible about it.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Its a dog eat dog world andy, Keeps the pikeys away for a bit ?

• Haha 1

Nice in these times though if one can get a bit of private work

Normally at this time of year domestic and authorised commercial work are starting, phone goes nuts.
This year I've had solid work until about two weeks ago then it's just dropped off.
The most calls I get now are from other arb type mates asking WTF are we supposed to do???
I've got one tree job this week and a few logs to mill.
Might have to process some firewood.
[emoji106]
  • Like 2

In the past i was always able to switch about, Done a lot of house bashing down the years but when recession hits i always switched to the commercial sector,Schools/hospitals, shuttering as always seems to keep going, What about the arb rail firms as would have thought they would still be busy. 

Edited by topchippyles

8 minutes ago, 5 shires said:

I do get how scary and obviously life threatening this virus is but my situation is I work mostly on my own and on everyday working very rearly come into contact with the client apart from when making a site vist for quotation.you can still be able to work as it’s all out side and still be sensible about it.

Im with ya! Its just funny how some start throthing  at the mouth if I said I was off to work as I need money. :D Its either a lock-down or its not. 

Anyway, crack on. The guys that had the biggest hard-on have blocked me now anyway so they cant see Im talking about them. :D 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Im with ya! Its just funny how some start throthing  at the mouth if I said I was off to work as I need money. :D Its either a lock-down or its not. 

Anyway, crack on. The guys that had the biggest hard-on have blocked me now anyway so they cant see Im talking about them. :D 

We have got to do what we got to do as everyone’s situation is different and our individual mindset is different i starting working for myself many years ago cause I didn’t like being told what to do especially by people who didn’t know what the fuck they were doing...I still dont like being told what to do and i’am not going to like being told I can’t go out my house and to stay in or else...even though it’s the correct thing to do.

• Like 3