Will we Be Getting Any Help??????????

5 shires

15 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Nothing is available yet apart from universal credit with a £20/week uplift which would pay about £95/week, but there is more to come over the next few days.

Thanks

From what I gathered it was the same £94/95 a week but employees could get 80% of their wages paid by the gov so we can keep people in employment.

The VAT holiday will help a lot.

Mr Sunak said: "To help businesses keep people in work, I'm deferring the next quarter of VAT payments.

"That means no business will pay VAT from now to mid June. You'll have until the end of the financial year to repay those bills.

Just now, Mesterh said:

Thanks

From what I gathered it was the same £94/95 a week but employees could get 80% of their wages paid by the gov so we can keep people in employment.

Yes, the 80% of their wage up to £2.5k/month bit is correct.

I would think, but I'm not sure, that if you get that deal for employees then you would be entitled to either one of the loans or grants that are available.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

Then on the other hand we have senior medical chiefs telling us we need herd immunity to get through this. 

Im still in the 'this is a load of bollox' camp just now. 

I went to the pub yesterday and it was closed,Got my own key. 3 others in there and every 1 = 2 metres from the bar ?

Edited by topchippyles
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

Then on the other hand we have senior medical chiefs telling us we need herd immunity to get through this. 

Im still in the 'this is a load of bollox' camp just now. 

I've only just around o reading about this and, for once, tend to agree with you.

With something established it's understandable that in time people will catch and survive it, become immune. and eventually the disease has no more recipients tha can catch it because they are already immune.

But initially there has a be maximum death rates of those whwo can't develop immunity.

Individuals can become immune by recovering from an earlier infection or through vaccination.[3] Some individuals cannot become immune due to medical reasons, such as an immunodeficiency or immunosuppression, and in this group herd immunity is a crucial method of protection

Once a certain threshold has been reached, herd immunity gradually eliminates a disease from a population.[5] This elimination, if achieved worldwide, may result in the permanent reduction in the number of infections to zero, called eradication.

Accept that the above is a copy and paste wiki paste job, but there are plenty of references to follow to make your own minds up.

Theoretically it works, but to make it work rapidly and far faster than naturally would you need to jettison those that will always be a transmitter. Morals and ethics aside, is this he start of a long and slippery slope where votes/finance/power decides who lives and dies to suit the best spin or sound bite on todays news cycle?

This whole fiasco has been badly managed from day 1, with historic cut backs across some of the wealthiest countries, now it's biting our arses are they just looking for some face saving short cut to plug the hole in the dam until sometime crops up to create some breathing space/

It probably doesn't even matter what they think we will be believe because we're learning to accept everything we here without question.

Where did I leave my foil hat again?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mesterh said:

That explains your stroppy teenager posts in the lock down thread. :)

Putting up with the nonsense and baseless scaremongering, not to mention the outright rude nature of your comments I can live with being called a stroppy teenager in response to such posts from yourself. :) 

Edited by trigger_andy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, topchippyles said:

I went to the pub yesterday and it was closed,Got my own key. 3 others in there and every 1 = 2 metres from the bar ?

Perfect! 

When we arrived at the Hotel Friday night a Norwegian Doctor called my colleague who happened to be on the same flight as him, I was to get a call after. The Doc explained the situation here in Norway, how its important to keep a 2m distance, dont cough or sneeze on anyone. Washing of hands etc etc, all the good stuff. Then told my colleague to pass his phone over to me to go over the same things with me. :D:D:D 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gary Prentice said:

I've only just around o reading about this and, for once, tend to agree with you.

If I had a quid for every time someone starts their reply to me with this Id not eb sitting in this hotel room right now-. :D 

Its ok though, they become less frequent as they come around to my way of thinking. ;) :P 

4 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

Putting up with the nonsense and baseless scaremongering, not to mention the outright rude nature of your comments I can live with being called a stroppy teenager in response to such posts from yourself. :) 

Unfortunately you just bring out the worst in people. I won't go into any detail in this thread.

• Like 1