Will we Be Getting Any Help??????????

5 shires

I posted a comment on here a couple of weeks ago in relation to lock down and if the self employed people in this country be it one man band or big set up will be getting any financial help during these unprecedented times and it seemed no one really knew how it was going to pan out apart from may be applying for universal credit?

2 weeks later things have moved on and the government are doing all they can to help in the financial sense(for PAYE) but i’am still in the dark as to what he has put into place for self employed,Granted i’am not the brightest candle in the church and there are far more intelligent people who post on here then me so has anyone got a clue or idea what is is place for us?i would like to Strees I think our Government has a god forsaken task at the moment and doing all they can but some of there ideas are well over the top in my opinion shutting all pubs,clubs,restaurants etc is I think a step to far.

Your going to get these same dumbass people who have been stockpiling toilet rolls,pasta and striping the shelves of food going out and stocking up on booze now,some people are complete knobheads and the government hasn’t helped this situation and I know there are damned if they do and double damned if they don’t,it’s just a personal view that some things should just be left alone and let the people decide if they want to go to the pub or for a meal.

Edited by 5 shires
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, 5 shires said:

,it’s just a personal view that some things should just be left alone and let the people decide if they want to go to the pub or for a meal.

Which is fine, until they get ill and expect the NHS to save them.

Maybe we could set up an "opt out" system, where those who choose to go the pub etc, agree to die quietly, with no NHS care, if infected 

• Like 21
  • Haha 2

Hi Sky my partner is a nurse and runs a unit and a big % of her every day Work is based around alcohol related issues and stoping these people drinking in a pub won’t stop them drinking twice as much at home especially if they are on lockdown its an argument with a no win situation...anyway any ideas how the self employed will get any payment for not being able to work?

Edited by 5 shires
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, 5 shires said:

Hi Sky my partner is a nurse and runs a unit and a big % of her every day Work is based around alcohol related issues and stoping these people drinking in a pub won’t stop them drinking twice as much at home especially if they are on lockdown its an argument with a no win situation...anyway any ideas how the self employed will get any payment for not being able to work?

Its not about drinking, its about keeping people apart. Stay home and drink all you like, you can't infect yourself.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, 5 shires said:

I posted a comment on here a couple of weeks ago in relation to lock down and if the self employed people in this country be it one man band or big set up will be getting any financial help during these unprecedented times and it seemed no one really knew how it was going to pan out apart from may be applying for universal credit?

2 weeks later things have moved on and the government are doing all they can to help in the financial sense(for PAYE) but i’am still in the dark as to what he has put into place for self employed,Granted i’am not the brightest candle in the church and there are far more intelligent people who post on here then me so has anyone got a clue or idea what is is place for us?i would like to Strees I think our Government has a god forsaken task at the moment and doing all they can but some of there ideas are well over the top in my opinion shutting all pubs,clubs,restaurants etc is I think a step to far.

Your going to get these same dumbass people who have been stockpiling toilet rolls,pasta and striping the shelves of food going out and stocking up on booze now,some people are complete knobheads and the government hasn’t helped this situation and I know there are damned if they do and double damned if they don’t,it’s just a personal view that some things should just be left alone and let the people decide if they want to go to the pub or for a meal.

Ok so no one one here has a feckin clue if the self employed will be getting any help..fair enough...ask a stupid quotation.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 5 shires said:

Ok so no one one here has a feckin clue if the self employed will be getting any help..fair enough...ask a stupid quotation.

Have you been following the news/Boris' daily speeches on the subject. Have you been following what is going on online?

At the moment we will technically become unemployed if we take the deal offered. But wait for the dust to settle over the weekend and see what is said at 5pm on Monday.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

Then on the other hand we have senior medical chiefs telling us we need herd immunity to get through this. 

Im still in the 'this is a load of bollox' camp just now. 

That explains your stroppy teenager posts in the lock down thread. :)

it will be interesting if those who can work out what is going to be available to the self employed and to employees could post the info in this thread. 

1 minute ago, Mesterh said:

That explains your stroppy teenager posts in the lock down thread. :)

it will be interesting if those who can work out what is going to be available to the self employed and to employees could post the info in this thread. 

Nothing is available yet apart from universal credit with a £20/week uplift which would pay about £95/week, but there is more to come over the next few days.

• Like 1