Winter 20/21 - corona virus effects on firewood market?

Big J

As I try to figure out how to best plan work for this year, I'm wondering whether continued restrictions on movement of people, encouragement for working from home and everything else will cause an uptick in firewood sales? It's whether people tighten their belts and don't order logs, or whether being sat at home looking at the stove will cause them to order more?

I hope for the latter. There is a lot of ash about that needs a productive home!

Edited by Big J
  • Like 4

Its a difficult Q, i am diversifying this year and due to A) real possibilty of an economic crash B) massive restraints on our current ( new) contract an C)  quite bored with wots happening of late just cannot decide which way to jump. K

Edited by Khriss
Certainly rack up the firewood side of things

41 minutes ago, Gary Prentice said:

as long as it's without a noose around your neck, way things are it probably not going to make mucj difference - who can make concrete plans?

Housing Developers, Gary, they do, not that im infering anything ?  K

Had loads of orders come in over the last few days but had to decline some due low stocks. 

Crystal ball gazing is tricky. If private pensions dont collapse I think there will be plenty of wealthy retired wanting logs but if pension funds go down the pan..................

1 minute ago, Woodworks said:

Had loads of orders come in over the last few days but had to decline some due low stocks. 

Crystal ball gazing is tricky. If private pensions dont collapse I think there will be plenty of wealthy retired wanting logs but if pension funds go down the pan..................

Huge losses on the stock market, so pensions won't be too healthy I'd guess. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Big J said:

Huge losses on the stock market, so pensions won't be too healthy I'd guess. 

And no end in sight. I cant really get my head around whats going to happen to the markets. Manufacturing of non essential is screwed for 12 months or more I would guess. Mind you big gains to made in  pharmaceuticals stocks especially any ones that develop a vaccine!