Coronavirus - impacting you yet?

I was lazy, two thirds are overweight or obese according to BMI, and the article says 70% overweight or obese. Grouping the overweight with the obese saved typing.

I see the weaknesses of BMI, I'm 2m and 105kg so overweight but that's the same stat as when I was rowing in my 20s, in fact the whole squad was "overweight".

Point is though, if lots of the population have a high BMI then a random sample ending up in ICU will have a high BMI with no causal link. The causal link seems to make sense but is not supported by the raw data there.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Every little counts....

WWW.THELONDONECONOMIC.COM

The London Economic | The retailer said it would receive £585 million worth of taxpayer relief as part of the business...

Can’t wait for HMRC to come knocking when it’s time to pay for this great cash give away bonanza. 

On 29/03/2020 at 10:43, AJStrees said:

Yes I had something turn up the other month as well and was wondering the same thing. Got through it though and happy as larry now.

I do take a daily pack of vitamins and protein drinks and have built up a pretty good immune system over the years. Its all about having enough vitamins and minerals to build a strong immune system. Unfortunately a lot of people don't seem to understand that point. Bodies are frail things and with the lack of nutrition in the current society, fastfoods and the like. Although it is extra work, eating the food you buy at the supermarket is never going to be enough for the body to have a good strong immune system. I think one would have to eat a tonne of Spinach just to get enough B vitamins for instance. Plus hydration of the body, if you drink coffee or sweet drinks then the body need electrolytes and a lot of water. The body does not produce Vitamin C and so it needs to be supplemented. They say there is no cure for the common cold, however Vitamin C taken regularly with the right does of calcium will blast a cold and flu out, 1000mg of vit C hourly with food will kill a cold dead. No question. 

I have found these things out by the process of elimination over the years. Adelle Davis wrote some very good books back in the day. Its an education thing. Luckily my parents were big on organic food back in the 70's so I was given a good start. These days, I mean how could anyone think a burger and chips is going to build a strong immune system, well unless of course it was from pasture fed cattle and home grown potatoes from organic farming. 

Sorry about my rant but being Sunday I thought a sermon was needed. 

I used to work with a guy , short and muscular he was . He was a keep fit fanatic and always looked the part . Started becoming unwell , tried to shake it off to no avail . It persisted for months . Eventually turns out he had Vit C poisoning . He was consuming  way too much ....