Coronavirus - impacting you yet?

Its day 9 for me and Im starting to develop a dry cough and a tight feeling in my chest. [emoji20] Im guessing within a week we're not gonna have any tests available? 

I wouldn’t hold your breath! (No pun intended) can’t believe how lackadaisical we’ve been on testing kits... this has been coming down the tracks for a while.
  • Like 1

Its killing of  all the  fat jabbas so good news for slim people

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Findings of new report raise concerns about how effective new facilities will be

Excess weight also appears to be a significant risk factor; over 70% of patients were overweight, obese or clinically obese on the body mass index scale.

Will have to try not eat too

much of my stockpile incase lockdown and less work makes me a fatty.

13 hours ago, TIMON said:

In Iceland where they are able to test a much higher percentage of the population, they have found that around 50% of those testing positive have absolutely no symptoms..
That’s a jarring statistic and little wonder it’s spreading like wildfire.

Day 14 of quarantine today.. I just can’t shake a dry cough/chest infection I’ve had for a couple of weeks now. At first I didn’t think it was CV but I’m not so sure now.

Have you tried some well made hot toddies, they get rid of chest infections pretty quick. 

19 hours ago, EdwardC said:

I too had what seemed like a bad cold at the end of Jan. beginning of Feb. Cough, very tired, bit of a temperature headache due to dehydration and asthma kicking in. I had begun to wonder if it was Covid. There was one of the professor types on the radio the other day talking about this very thing. He said that whilst there had been a lot of people infected with something at that time, it wasn't causing the deaths that covid does. Therefore, he didn't think it was covid. I was dissapointed as I was hoping to have got covid done.

Yes I had something turn up the other month as well and was wondering the same thing. Got through it though and happy as larry now.

I do take a daily pack of vitamins and protein drinks and have built up a pretty good immune system over the years. Its all about having enough vitamins and minerals to build a strong immune system. Unfortunately a lot of people don't seem to understand that point. Bodies are frail things and with the lack of nutrition in the current society, fastfoods and the like. Although it is extra work, eating the food you buy at the supermarket is never going to be enough for the body to have a good strong immune system. I think one would have to eat a tonne of Spinach just to get enough B vitamins for instance. Plus hydration of the body, if you drink coffee or sweet drinks then the body need electrolytes and a lot of water. The body does not produce Vitamin C and so it needs to be supplemented. They say there is no cure for the common cold, however Vitamin C taken regularly with the right does of calcium will blast a cold and flu out, 1000mg of vit C hourly with food will kill a cold dead. No question. 

I have found these things out by the process of elimination over the years. Adelle Davis wrote some very good books back in the day. Its an education thing. Luckily my parents were big on organic food back in the 70's so I was given a good start. These days, I mean how could anyone think a burger and chips is going to build a strong immune system, well unless of course it was from pasture fed cattle and home grown potatoes from organic farming. 

Sorry about my rant but being Sunday I thought a sermon was needed. 

• Like 1

Its killing of  all the  fat jabbas so good news for slim people

4449.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=85&auto=format&fit=crop&overlay-align=bottom%2Cleft&overlay-width=100p&overlay-base64=L2ltZy9zdGF0aWMvb3ZlcmxheXMvdG8tZGVmYXVsdC5wbmc&s=d69d5eefa10b9dbd72fdef6c52b805e3 WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM
Findings of new report raise concerns about how effective new facilities will be  
Excess weight also appears to be a significant risk factor; over 70% of patients were overweight, obese or clinically obese on the body mass index scale.
Roughly two thirds of the population is obese so a random sample of people in ICU would have a similar proportion, wouldn't it? Seems like a confusion of cause and effect.

4 minutes ago, Dan Maynard said:

Roughly two thirds of the population is obese so a random sample of people in ICU would have a similar proportion, wouldn't it? Seems like a confusion of cause and effect.

Two thirds aren't obese. It's 28.7% in the UK, with a further 35.6% technically overweight. This is according to BMI, which:

• doesn't work for tall people. I'm 6ft 8", fairly skinny at the moment at 107kg but still technically overweight with a BMI of 26.
  • doesn't work for muscular people. Muscle is denser than fat, as skews the figure substantially. 

So whilst I reckon most that are obese according to the stats genuinely are, many overweight people probably don't belong in that category.

So on that basis, overweight and obese people are overrepresented in the figures for severe Covid 19 cases. 

I'm doing a lot more exercise at the moment than usual, both cardiovascular and resistance. As such, I'm hoping to get myself properly fit over this lockdown period, which is something I've been needing to do for ages, but will also stand me in good stead if I do become ill.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Big J said:

Two thirds aren't obese. It's 28.7% in the UK, with a further 35.6% technically overweight. This is according to BMI, which:

• doesn't work for tall people. I'm 6ft 8", fairly skinny at the moment at 107kg but still technically overweight with a BMI of 26.
  • doesn't work for muscular people. Muscle is denser than fat, as skews the figure substantially. 

So whilst I reckon most that are obese according to the stats genuinely are, many overweight people probably don't belong in that category.

So on that basis, overweight and obese people are overrepresented in the figures for severe Covid 19 cases. 

I'm doing a lot more exercise at the moment than usual, both cardiovascular and resistance. As such, I'm hoping to get myself properly fit over this lockdown period, which is something I've been needing to do for ages, but will also stand me in good stead if I do become ill.

Seems like there is some confusion regarding the article. Looks like 2/3 of those that die where fatties, yes on the BMI index. Yes, some could be strapping young lads. But Im sure the vast majority are as reported, overweight, obese or clinically obese. Makes sense really. 

• Like 2