Coronavirus - impacting you yet?

1 minute ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Good question, you can work, with the right paperwork but it’s awkward.

Clients aren’t too keen to see you.

Employee/s less than thrilled, especially with vulnerable family members...

The government are covering my employee’s wages for the moment so working as a team would be fraud.

We will do the two weeks and reexamine it, if I’m not dead.

Difficult times:thumbdown:

17 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

No David, she was in another branch, down in Bordeaux, but she did talk to people, who talked to people who talked to my wife.

We are on our own out here anyway, as you know I’m not working, she’s out of the office till further notice, so we’ll see. 

I've been forced to stop after today. Went to the job in the Dordogne doing a few stumps for my mate, the French tree surgeon,  did the job, a couple of hours, loaded the grinder, hydraulic fluid all over the shop. That new seal on the cutter wheel, only lasted 4 hours then blew again. Rang the workshop, nearly biting the phone in half, no bugger there. Closed for the foreseeable future. Had to then contact the next customer who is on my route home to cancel his job. So, my missus will have the undeniable pleasure of my company. Lucky girl. 

3 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Good question, bit of both really, you can work, with the right paperwork but it’s awkward.

Clients aren’t too keen to see you.

Employee/s less than thrilled, especially with vulnerable family members...

The government are covering my employee’s wages for the moment so working as a team would be fraud.

We will do the two weeks and reexamine it, if I’m not dead.

If you do snuff it, Mick, can I have your grinder, please?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Yep having to self isolate due to health conditions, could be up to 12 weeks aswell. I enjoy my job so it’s makes it that even more gutting aswell as losing out on money.

Looking for ways around it though, climbing trees is pretty isolated as it is but been advised to not risk it. Still looking for ways though

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

More worried about the financial impact than anything else 

If You and yours catch it and survive it what's to worry about? Might be a dent in long term plans but you can always earn more money - might be some hardships in the future for a lot of folk but still a better option than jossing it

• Like 1