dunsley neutraliser

has anyone fitted or got one of these on their stove??

iam about to start to fit a basic oil boiler, open vented  central heating system in a small cottage and im hoping to add a woodburner with backboiler at a later date and have this linked into the heating and hot water system in a  safe and fairly simple manner ( as iam hoping to do most of it myself)

would i be better fitting the neutraliser now and blanking ports off or just forget about it until i fit the wood burner?

any other simple lowish budget link up suggestions welcome.

thanks carl

Yes still have one although don't need it now. Had a Stanley range and a Hunter Herald connected up to one with great results. Got rid of the Stanley Once we fitted the biomass boiler. Which is tied into the vented system with zone valves. Should have some pictures some where if you need

• Like 2

9 hours ago, htb said:

Speak to heating innovation about their H2 panels, very helpful chap. I fitted one to link our M/F Rayburn to a oil boiler.

WWW.H2PANEL.CO.UK

i had been looking at those a bit but wondered if they where a bit high tech for my needs and maybe i could get away with something  cheaper.

i take it you are happy with they way it has worked?

thanks ill have another closer look at the product.

thanks.

carl.

cool thanks, its a bit more than the dunsley although the dunsley doesnt look that technical for the money and i believe you have to get other stuff with it.

good instructions would be very welcome as this is all new to me!

thanks again for your replies.

I fitted a Dunsley about ten years ago as a link between the Aarow Stratford boiler stove which is about 90,000 btu and a North Sea Gas boiler about the same btu.

There were complicated loops suggested in the Dunsley system with a pump to stop condensation.  I put it in but have never used it as the stove runs full tilt most of the Winter  

You do need thermostat to start the pump if it overheats, but again it is not used in my case as I leave the pump on all the time which does fifteen radiators and two bathroom floors.So my system is very simple.

I have two large cylinders, one for wood/gas heat and the other for summer and solar tubes  24 of them.  This is slightly more complicated as I have a changeover/mixing  electric valve that I can operate in the bathroom should I run out of solar water halfway through my bath or shower!

The wood/gas cylinder is heated by convection so the pipes need to be at least an inch and have a clear straight run from the Dunsley to the cylinder above.

The system is therefore very simple and the gas automatically cuts in when the fire dies down either at night or if we are away.

It senses the heat in the Dunsley as it has its own pump on that circuit which is separate from the main heating pump.

It works for me as I have an unlimited supply of wood and my wife is always cold!

I think that I must save myself several grands worth of oil or gas with the two systems over the year.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bankhouse builder said:

Have you thought about a twin coiled cylinder one coil for your oil boiler and one for the stove 

yes i was thinking that, which would take care of the hot water from the stove but i also want the stove to help run the rads. 

iam still just going over different link up options (seems to be loads!)

thanks carl