stihl 500i mods

Stihl123

You just turn the screw clockwise , I think the limit is you can feel it step down on 1/4 turn.. that’s it as far as I’m aware , I don’t think you can push it down and there is another level of oil feeding, I thing that’s a bit miss leading but probably worth asking your stihl dealer.

I thought it was the same as the other oilers eg 462 661 that have the pin that can be pushed in to make it an uprated oiler.  You should note the oil can run out before the tank runs dry..

see the attached pic from the 661 sm

434D5BE7-96F1-49BD-AE9E-02E1F190CCBD.png

I thought it was the same as the other oilers eg 462 661 that have the pin that can be pushed in to make it an uprated oiler.  You should note the oil can run out before the tank runs dry..
see the attached pic from the 661 sm

434D5BE7-96F1-49BD-AE9E-02E1F190CCBD.thumb.png.175ca59e0a7adb1c4e75d73390fe769f.png

Wonky to the rescue again. Thanks very much.
  • Haha 1

On 01/07/2020 at 08:58, Khriss said:

@MattyFbloody hell that defeats the object, superstar saw you have to stop n empty the air cleaner every ring or so  ?  K

That looks like a disaster waiting to happen, I was always a bit sceptical about a 4 stroke super saw and do think that all the clever electronics it must have will be its weakness, but that amount of stuff in a filter in 1 cut doesn't bode well.

19 minutes ago, Silverhooker said:

That looks like a disaster waiting to happen, I was always a bit sceptical about a 4 stroke super saw and do think that all the clever electronics it must have will be its weakness, but that amount of stuff in a filter in 1 cut doesn't bode well.

Just because the fuel is metered directly into the crankcase doesn't alter the engine from being a two stroke.

1 hour ago, Stihl123 said:

if u look at the first reviews, someone got given one and run it every day for a while, didn't touch or clean the air filter once, even tho it was totally blocked and yet it still started, ran and cut the same

they are an awesome saw imo

Nu but it wont though,  as less air inducted will mean less power ( fuel injection meteres to air volume) so a blocked filter will allow less air.  Bit shocked by this design.  K