donnk

Well thats a turn up for the books. What I understand he said:

If you pay rates on a premises of a rateable value being less than £51k and your a pub,cafe etc you get £25k free money.

If you pay rates on a premises of a rateable value being less than £51k and your NOT a pub,cafe etc you get £10k free money.

Both pay no business rates for a year.

Cheap Bank loans with 6 months interest free for cahsflow, stock, asset etc backed by gov so normal affordability rules out the window.  Getting the most they will give and sticking it into savings.

WWW.BRITISH-BUSINESS-BANK.CO.UK

How does a small business apply for an CBILS-Backed facility? It’s simple to apply and should take no longer than a...

Anyone else ordering a new digger ?

Edited by donnk

3 minutes ago, difflock said:

Or I suppose what I really wanted to say, was, where is the "free money" handout for those who prudently put by for a rainy day, and who will ultimately pay for all this Government largesse.

Marcus.

Are you suggesting the government does nothing?

3 months of this and thousands of small businesses will be bankrupt!

they will probably need to go further if there are to be jobs to go back too after this has finally finished 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, difflock said:

So feck saving for anything, ever, and just demand Government handouts when things go tits-up, I suppose they can always print ever more money.

That’s not what I said. This problem is real and massive.

if we are told to stay at home how will retail make any money?

plus staying at home means a lot of people will be short of money due to only getting ssp so the money won’t be there to be spent. It’s a vicious circle.

yes save I do and can survive for a good while because of it should work grind to a halt.plenty of people don’t make enough money to save in the first place, what are they supposed to do?

I tell you if I don’t get any government cash I don’t know how we will get by we relay on country fairs ,craft fairs for a big part of our income just invested all my small savings in a sawmill so yeah we need some help ,just spoke to our housing provider and guess what pay your rent as normal .

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, gobbypunk said:

I tell you if I don’t get any government cash I don’t know how we will get by we relay on country fairs ,craft fairs for a big part of our income just invested all my small savings in a sawmill so yeah we need some help ,just spoke to our housing provider and guess what pay your rent as normal .

If you have a unit which I think you do? If you get rebates rates now you will be able to claim a £10k grant to keep you going(not a loan just essentially free money)

4 hours ago, difflock said:

So feck saving for anything, ever, and just demand Government handouts when things go tits-up, I suppose they can always print ever more money.

Its not a handout is it, Its a short term low interest loan to help firms large and small to overcome a hole in cash flow, How many employ people who have families to feed and bills to pay, I am like you and have a slush fund to dip in but even the most profitable firms need help ( BA/VIRGIN) example