Echo 355t for your main 'big climbing saw' // 16" setups

ArborOdyssey

40 minutes ago, carlos said:

probably hasnt had that much through it although i have had it a while now.

it does the job fine just not as snappy as the stihl.

agreed the stihl 201T is snappier but yer Echo will loosen up some more.  Take out the spark arrestor if ya haven't already.

• Like 1

On 13/03/2020 at 21:19, bigtreedon said:

I just don't get this whole echo hype I have used several different models and I honestly just would never buy one there are 2 brands of chainsaw husqvarna and stihl for me both that make some great saws past and present no need to shop around for sub standard other manufacturers

I wish you wouldn't beat about the bush so much ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Had my 360tes since 2016. Its has always worked, idles well, havent had to fix anything on it at all. I like that. I also got it new from italy/ebay for about 300 euro. Cant complain at that id say.

Defo better having popped that cat out and drilled the exhaust
@bigtreedon i guess don some folk have had bad experiences with certain saws like early 550/560 xps, early 201t and 261s 362s etc. If you have had a bad do with them and then bad customer support i cant see a problem with shopping around tbh, the little 2511 is a belter as is the makita/dolmar 7900

• Like 2

Had my 360tes since 2016. Its has always worked, idles well, havent had to fix anything on it at all. I like that. I also got it new from italy/ebay for about 300 euro. Cant complain at that id say.

Defo better having popped that cat out and drilled the exhaust

@bigtreedon i guess don some folk have had bad experiences with certain saws like early 550/560 xps, early 201t and 261s 362s etc. If you have had a bad do with them and then bad customer support i cant see a problem with shopping around tbh, the little 2511 is a belter as is the makita/dolmar 7900

Hey bill I guess have been really lucky with all my 5 series husqvarnas I've had owned 560s from the start never a issue 540 from the start never any issues 562 no issues 572 now no problems ! The only saw I have ever bought and thought was rubbish from the get go was a stihl 201t hated it and that put me off stihl for a bit but some of there new models are really nice to use ! My experience of echo be it limited I must admit is every model I've picked up feels cheap the plastic feels cheap the construction of the saw just looks poor they run ok but arent a saw I would buy or use in a professional setting that's only my opinion!

• Like 3

Somehow I keep hearing "cheap plastics" mostly from people who like the company of poor metals... [emoji3]
No offense, please.
IMG_20200204_133549.thumb.jpg.9b1f49fcd0a17da320c7faad537192c6.jpg
If that's directed at me I can only comment on what I see and my experience this been 20+ years of faultless husqvarna use and that's not playing using them either its professional use arbor and in the forest ! I do no some one who I hold in quite high regard in chainsaw knowledge who used echo in the woods as he said he was sick of blowing up 560s but after a couple of years and plenty of echoes later he is Back to husqvarnas after deciding the performance from the echoes just wasnt up to par there will always be bad apples and I guess I'm either really lucky or soft on my saws the latter been unlikely as there ain't much soft about the work I do !
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, bigtreedon said:

If that's directed at me I can only comment on what I see and my experience this been 20+ years of faultless husqvarna use and that's not playing using them either its professional use arbor and in the forest ! I do no some one who I hold in quite high regard in chainsaw knowledge who used echo in the woods as he said he was sick of blowing up 560s but after a couple of years and plenty of echoes later he is Back to husqvarnas after deciding the performance from the echoes just wasnt up to par there will always be bad apples and I guess I'm either really lucky or soft on my saws the latter been unlikely as there ain't much soft about the work I do !

performance wise i reckon the Husky 550, 560, 572 are unbeatable.