19-28 Greenmech wont start

Jack Sorrenti

Machine has been sitting in the workshop for a while. Battery is flat so im using a jump starter. But when i try to press start, it beeps and says "Lid" (image attached). The lid is still on and ive checked the switch, ive even bypassed it and nothing has changed. I cant find any information on what the arrow in the image is pointing to? 

IMG_20200313_082050.jpg

1 hour ago, Jack Sorrenti said:

Machine has been sitting in the workshop for a while. Battery is flat so im using a jump starter. But when i try to press start, it beeps and says "Lid" (image attached). The lid is still on and ive checked the switch, ive even bypassed it and nothing has changed. I cant find any information on what the arrow in the image is pointing to? 

IMG_20200313_082050.jpg

IIRC you don't bypass the microswitch on the engine cover as it is normally open and closes to earth when the lid is off. Pess the reset for 3 seconds and try again. @Jase hutch should be along to answer soon.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hi,

not sure if somebody reads this thread as it is some days old. But this friday afternoon my ArbTrak 190 had exactly the same problem. The motor does not start any more and just displays exactly the same messages as posted in the first message. Was a little scrared as the arrow points to the "disc system problem" icon, but this thread gives hope it's just a small glitch ?

Just for the records: I noticed on friday the first time that the RPM of the motor went down several times for a second or two while tracking (but not in chipping mode). So I suppose some kind of loose connection from the lid switch could really be the issue as I suppose the switch would also stop the motor whilst in trakking mode?

Where is this switch located, which of the 3 lids does it check or are there 3 independent switches?

Another big question towards Greenmech: Is there an "official guide" to the RDS display available? I bought mine used in UK (with ~700 hours) and exported it to Spain (we're 50 KM from Barcelona actually), where Greenmech is a very rare brand at all. So for most of the maintenance I'm on my own and would be happy to know if there is more than the regular manual available?

Thank & regards,

Soeren

Hello Soeren , 

I would post the instructions for programming the RDS on here but there's a lot to it and I would rather talk you through it first and then email the booklet out to you should you need to refer to it in the future.

Can you give me a call tomorrow morning on : 01789400044 and then select the option for service ??

Hopefully it will be a quick and easy fix ? 

Jase..

On 20/09/2020 at 19:22, Jase hutch said:

The bonnet switch is on the engine cover,  near the hinge that's in front of your left foot when standing on the platform , the cam should release the plunger on the switch when the bonnet is shut..

Jase..

Hi Jase,

thanks for helping out!? I will call you in a couple of days likely. I am currently waiting for a spare part to arrive from my local dealer (*that's* in fact a looong story on it's own, unfortunately not that nice...) and once the part arrives have a greater maintenance session with the machine, including the possible fix of the switch. I run it shortly yesterday, still had the the same issues but did not want to stress it too much without the replacement part.

So for sure give you a call before I do the maintenance of the switch!

Cheers,
Soeren

• Like 1