How much work from trust a trader and check a trade.

essexjack

6 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

If you can do chippy work in south wales he can start on moday £600 a week ?

We weren't talking about trades it's using sites like check a trade.

£600/week/£120/day. I'm glad I'm in the shit.

Edited by eggsarascal

Im a small young company and I gave checkatrade a go a couple of months ago. Had 2 jobs off it so far. Fortunately I don't have to pay until I have 6 jobs from it. Will more than likely stop once my 6 month commitment is up.

On the other hand I have just started a google ad campaign and only after 2 weeks I'm getting more than I have off of checkatrade. And has nearly paid the yearly cost for the company running the campaign. Get a website and get on the ppc. Think someone round here makes pretty good sites. ??

Mybuilder works for me too. But the leads can be pricey. 

19 minutes ago, Dan Maynard said:

I think it was the company behind trustedtreesurgeon who wanted £75 a month, I thought that was too expensive. Have you done local advertising in parish mags, shops etc?

This will give you a far better quality of customer than checkatrade et al. And much cheaper, but does require legwork.

Edited by doobin

This will give you a far better quality of customer than checkatrade et al. And much cheaper, but does require legwork.

I’ve found the opposite. Local magazines total waste of time. I did 4 local publications. I get quite a lot from Checkatrade and certainly worth the monthly fee.

Checkatrade seems to give you the small end clients, a lot of faf for potentially not much but if you factor in the faf time and price it in to the job, generally as a legit company you get the job. It totally depends on your area and clientele and how you want to sell yourself but it doesn’t take much to get back your fees if you win a job or two. If you are in the domestic field it should pay off albeit maybe more painstaking. Jobs a job if you are looking to fill your books. You get the odd surprise that may end up in long term work

• 1 year later...