Budget - Fuel duty rebate on Red Diesel to be abolished!

Treechap WTS

3 minutes ago, Matthew Storrs said:

So I assume they’ll be coming around to sites dipping the tanks of Plant, or are they stopping red diesel and everyone uses white (inc farming etc) only they can reclaim the duty?

Red diesel to be abolished for most sectors but retained for agriculture is how it reads. So should still be avaliable

7 minutes ago, swinny said:

Red diesel to be abolished for most sectors but retained for agriculture is how it reads. So should still be avaliable

Ah I see, can’t see how on they’ll enforce that except on the big construction sites etc? What’s to stop your average tree surgeon sticking 20l of cherry in their chipper

• Like 3

1 hour ago, swinny said:

Still says Hort and forestry so I would say tree surgery etc should be ok

Tree surgery isn't horticulture or foresty.

They've dropped a massive bollock here, and instead of clarifying the situtation WRT red, or even giving a level playing field, they've simple muddied the waters further.

Every tree surgeon will be claiming they do forestry work and every countryside based digger firm will be claiming they do agricultural work.

Those ripping the piss currently transporting plant on with tractors will continue to do so, and also rip the piss running diggers on red on domestic jobs.

Edited by doobin
  • Like 5

26 minutes ago, doobin said:

Tree surgery isn't horticulture or foresty.

They've dropped a massive bollock here, and instead of clarifying the situtation WRT red, or even giving a level playing field, they've simple muddied the waters further.

Every tree surgeon will be claiming they do forestry work and every countryside based digger firm will be claiming they do agricultural work.

Those ripping the piss currently transporting plant on with tractors will continue to do so, and also rip the piss running diggers on red on domestic jobs.

If trees aren't garden management I'll eat my hat. Hedges etc. 

Trimming, planting etc all round should be covered under that surely... To.me it is anyhow

Screenshot_20200311-185603.png

Edited by swinny
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Matthew Storrs said:

As if the system doesn’t get exploited as it is- sounds like it will become even more messy!

Yup, as per normal, central government gets involved and shit gets messy.

As another subsidy / income stream, farmers will simply sell red at the farm gate to any joe spunker with a jerry can.

Probably even get a subsidy for doing it and call it diversification....

FFS

If I have to pay road duty on fuel for the tracked chipper I might start using it to pop to the shops!

Edited by kevinjohnsonmbe
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3