Lock Down?

5 shires

Just now, maybelateron said:

Yes, I do totally realise how lucky I am. Some people would acknowledge I worked very hard long hours etc to be in the position I am now in. I take my position/good luck etc seriously and will ensure my employees are well looked after in this dreadful mess we are in. It does not alter the fact that I can still offer a worthwhile viewpoint on the shitstorm we are now in, like the fact that two of my daughter's fiance's  work colleagues (he is a junior hospital doctor) are now on a high dependency unit with covid19, and we all need to do all we can to limit the spread.

Just out of interest, have you had 'the letter' asking you to go back in?

• Like 2

25 allowed in crematorium chapel but that may change on Monday, service relayed by loudspeaker to those outside.

Wake was cancelled Friday

I was surprised but my daughter's dog, in my profile picture, will be allowed to travel in the limo and enter the chapel.
Well I'm sorry for both of your loss. We buried my father in law on Friday, close family only at a ceremony by the graveside as even then a gathering of old friends wasn't possible. He'd been in intensive care for months so in a way it was a mercy he passed while the family could be with him to the end.

Even that seems a long time ago now, things changing so fast.

2 hours ago, the village idiot said:

Pretty sure it means you can't travel to work unless you are a key worker. Even if you work alone.

That’s not what he said but if the extract of a dotgov page above is genuine, he didn’t properly / wholly relay the full message in his speech. 

I listened very carefully to what he said. Travel to work if you can’t work at home. 

I was planning to continue my work, where appropriate, in splendid isolation. 

• Like 3

Just now, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

That’s not what he said but if the extract of a dotgov page above is genuine, he didn’t properly / wholly relay the full message in his speech. 

I listened very carefully to what he said. Travel to work if you can’t work at home. 

I was planning to continue my work, where appropriate, in splendid isolation. 

You simply cant replay a soundbite to get the full extent of the law thats being implemented. 

Go to work, not my concern nor care, but to listen to a speech and claim thats the letter of the law is somewhat simplistic, surely you can see that? 

13 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

You simply cant replay a soundbite to get the full extent of the law thats being implemented. 

Go to work, not my concern nor care, but to listen to a speech and claim thats the letter of the law is somewhat simplistic, surely you can see that? 

I think this a first, hopefully a last, seriously?

Take a minute to think just how ridiculously hypocritical your recent posts have been. 

Yome pumping some Olympic grade shite tonight fella. 

• Like 3

Just now, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

I think this a first, hopefully a last, seriously?

Take a minute to think just how ridiculously hypocritical your recent posts have been. 

Yome pumping some Olympic grade shite tonight fella. 

:D

Things are changing rapidly. Like super rapid.

Im getting to the point I wished I stayed the fuck home. Now Im fucking trapped here. 

As mentioned my Bro is a Project Manager at a Hospital in London on the construction side of things. Its gone super mental. He's a tough cookie, hes really worried. Nothing rattles him. 

Im sorry if I look like a hypocrite. Not much I can do about that. I guess I'll end up looking like a tool for falling for the hype. :( 

I guess Im just getting worried about my family and I cant do a thing about it right now. 

Ill try and get back to my old self asap. :D Not had someone block me today and I'm a little dispaointed in my lack of effort. :D 

• Haha 1