Lock Down?

5 shires

Where I work most of the time, has pulled forward the launch of some home school packs given the current state of affairs!

Might be of use to some on here with kids at home. Kids love the rapid recall boards and they have a simple online answers portal so you dont have to work out the answers yourself. 

WWW.PROPELLER.EDUCATION

Take learning further, no matter where you are with our collection of Learning at Home resources. Ideal for home...

This is why Lock Down is essential. My wife has stayed in since the regulations came in. Been out once last Friday for essential shopping. Saturday feeling unwell, shrugged it off and thought it was a cold. Today, feeling very rough, phoned emergency services who turned up within 10 minutes. Team of three, all the kit on, took her temperature,  38, pains now in her sides, legs and arms. Full tests done then consulted the duty doctor. Within 30 minutes whisked off in the ambulance to Poitiers hospital. No visits allowed, just got to wait it out. Contacted my daughter in Limoges as her and our grandson went with my wife to New York and returned three weeks ago, the daughter has breast cancer so is in the risk parameters I suppose. I'm confined until whenever. 

• Sad 5

This is why Lock Down is essential. My wife has stayed in since the regulations came in. Been out once last Friday for essential shopping. Saturday feeling unwell, shrugged it off and thought it was a cold. Today, feeling very rough, phoned emergency services who turned up within 10 minutes. Team of three, all the kit on, took her temperature,  38, pains now in her sides, legs and arms. Full tests done then consulted the duty doctor. Within 30 minutes whisked off in the ambulance to Poitiers hospital. No visits allowed, just got to wait it out. Contacted my daughter in Limoges as her and our grandson went with my wife to New York and returned three weeks ago, the daughter has breast cancer so is in the risk parameters I suppose. I'm confined until whenever. 
Sorry to hear that, hope all goes well.

100% agree about lockdown etc, mad scenes over here at the weekend, don't people see what's happening in Italy and Spain?
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, EdwardC said:

Just chatting to a colleague whose pregnant daughter is a nurse and hasn't yet been issued with PPE. Can someone remind me who's been in government for the last 10 years and implemented policies that have drained billions out of all the front line services, hospitals, ambulance, schools, armed forces, social care etc, leaving them in crisis and unable to cope in normal times, never mind with the corona virus oubreak.

.....seem to remember a lot of Drs and nurses shouting about that ?  ( Obvs just trouble causers ) k

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, EdwardC said:

Just chatting to a colleague whose pregnant daughter is a nurse and hasn't yet been issued with PPE. Can someone remind me who's been in government for the last 10 years and implemented policies that have drained billions out of all the front line services, hospitals, ambulance, schools, armed forces, social care etc, leaving them in crisis and unable to cope in normal times, never mind with the corona virus oubreak.

Labour are all for open boarders with hoards of people from all over the world swarming over and making use of our NHS. 

There's now around 37 genders all demanding to be catered for by the NHS and reassigned to whatever whim takes their fancy as we have to pick up the tab. Then back again when they realise that fad is over.

NHS Tourists coming over and making use of our NHS unabaited.

On top of that Labour wants more and more and more handed out for free to those who contribute nothing to our society, either cultural or financially. 

Something has to give when the above pressures is placed on our infrastructure, housing, and social care. Cutbacks have to be made unfortunately. Yet the empty drum sounds the loudest so those members of our society that make the most noise unfortunately seem to be catered for the most. 

There is simply not the money going around to make your version of utopia a reality. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Khriss said:

.....seem to remember a lot of Drs and nurses shouting about that ?  ( Obvs just trouble causers ) k

An organisation with >50,000 staff members on £100k or higher salaries bleating about lack of resources....

Now there’s a genuinely absurd situation. 

WWW.TAXPAYERSALLIANCE.COM

Nobody disagrees with paying doctors and nurses well for doing good, difficult jobs. But the NHS Rich List makes clear...

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Jeebus David!
Maximum incubation is 14 days isn’t it?

Hope it’s not, although it’s never good going to hospital.

Hi Mick. I was told not to move out of the property. Can't visit her, obviously, just got to wait and see. That's what's annoying me is we've played it all correctly, she goes out once for shopping, gets it. Can't praise the medics who came out, very professional. Just got to hope now.

4 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

An organisation with >50,000 staff members on £100k or higher salaries bleating about lack of resources....

Now there’s a genuinely absurd situation. 

WWW.TAXPAYERSALLIANCE.COM

Nobody disagrees with paying doctors and nurses well for doing good, difficult jobs. But the NHS Rich List makes clear...

Bbbbbbbut its the Torys fault. :D 

11 minutes ago, David Cropper said:

Hi Mick. I was told not to move out of the property. Can't visit her, obviously, just got to wait and see. That's what's annoying me is we've played it all correctly, she goes out once for shopping, gets it. Can't praise the medics who came out, very professional. Just got to hope now.

Terrifying for you both.

Fingers crossed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1