6 hours ago, Mesterh said:

I think you're being a little too complacent.

My family, ie my brothers and sisters think the same.  We shall see. 

All this kids arent really affected bs is not doing anyone any favours.

Im still waiting on you providing proof to the contrary. :D 

Anyway, lets hope we can all bitch back and forth for the next few months or so to try and stop us all going stair crazy.

For sure. :D 

I must say though fuck to 4 weeks of being separated from the family, there is no way I would do that at in these times! Why on earth are you agreeing to do that?

Ive not had to be away from my family for that length of time for many years now. The longest trips I do these days are three weeks. But then I have 5 weeks at home with them. Swings and round-abouts, but it can be hard. Easier these days with skype, messenger video etc. Ive been home since mid December due to back surgery, initially waiting to get the surgery then the recovery process then this bloody virus and the uncertainty of getting the over-sea's guys over.  

As mentioned we now have our own hotel for us to be quarantined in for 14 days then I'll do 15 days off-shore, then more than likely I'll wait out my 'reset' time and go out on another job. As if I went home again Id have to wait another 14 days in quarantine.  Potentially I could be stuck over here if the boarders are closed. I also have to consider my job as this virus has caused my employer to issue furlough letters, I doubt Id get put on furlough but you never know. I can see me doing 8 weeks here, we'll see.

Obviously the health of my family trumps all the above. So Ive looked at the evidence and there is no indication what-so-ever this virus will affect children to any percentile under the ages of 9. All the evidence suggests they will get a cough and feel unwell for a bit. My wife and I are healthy as are our parents. I just dont see it being an issue for us. I Simpy don't buy intro the media driven hysteria. Yes, we have to protect the golden oldies, I get that. But where any of them to get it, or suspect they have it my company will use any and all flights to get me home, that is of course if they are still operating. 

So I'll got to work and see how it pans out. And hopefully make a killing in the process (no pun intended) :D 

• Like 2

Just now, gary112 said:

Got a 25kg bag yesterday for £5 at our local agri supplies,plenty of em too

Same up our way, £6 for 25kg of Maris Piper, delivered to your door. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rough Hewn said:

Went in to a farm shop this morning.
Fully stocked.
Spuds at £10 for 25kg
Stacks of em.
emoji106.png

1 hour ago, gary112 said:

Got a 25kg bag yesterday for £5 at our local agri supplies,plenty of em too

1 hour ago, trigger_andy said:

Same up our way, £6 for 25kg of Maris Piper, delivered to your door. 

£5/25kg at farm gate hereabouts. 6 squid delivered has to be the best deal in Christendom!

On reflection, as I’m passing anyway, 5 squid collected is a squid cheaper....

Edited by kevinjohnsonmbe
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, youngsbury said:

Getting serious now ! 

A88D22E8-5132-4A80-BE87-D9B632A52DC1.png

Perfect. Now if everyone out of work goes litter picking the country will be spic and span is no time. Best thing that could

happen is if they never reopen 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1