Lock Down?

5 shires

On 25/03/2020 at 18:08, Stubby said:

I notice , Andy that you have referred,  several times, to   C19  as " The Rona "  No one else does , is this the cool way to describe it ? ?

No, too much television is to blame there, like mam said,  k

Edited by Khriss
An too much time spent on social media...
  • Like 1

Just now, Khriss said:

No, too much television is to blame there, like mam said,  k

I dont watch much if any TV.  Certainly not turned one on in the last 15 days.

Seems to be an Aussie expression. As I have an Aussie Car I frequent their forums. Interestingly they are not nearly so presumptuous nor get their panties bunched up so easily. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, spudulike said:

I saw a video of a Chinese Live Animal Market today, it came from a customer, not sure where it originally came from but if it was widely viewed, I reckon there would be a big outrage against the Chinese and their animal markets.

Its truly disgusting. 

On 25/03/2020 at 06:43, Billhook said:

Wondering if we can find some positive outcomes for this Lock Down.

Here is my first dozen 

1.  Giving up smoking  (not me!)

2.  More attention to eating fresh food and less sugar   (Me!)

3. Lose that weight you have been trying to shift for years  (Me!)

4.  Meeting elderly and vulnerable people from your community to help them, which you otherwise would never have met

5. Facing your family and having to resolve issues that you would normally walk away from by going to work

6. Cleaning the house

7. Tidying up your bookwork and accounts

8.  Finding time to read books like Norwegian Wood

9  Hopefully the country will try and be more self sufficient for food security and have less exotic imports with no account of the conditions or procedures of their production

10 less just in time globalisation in general.

11  More people working from home via the internet

12 Start that vegetable garden "Digging for Britain!"

Any more

Couple more positive outcomes today on my half mile cycle ride to the farm yard.  No traffic at all and not one bit of litter to pick up.  No cans of energy drink, Red Bull , no sandwich wrappers or McDonalds cartons,Bliss1

• Like 2

Just now, Stubby said:

Were I live , which is s bit out in the bundu  I am seeing more people than ever now . Family groups walking , ones a two , cyclists ( Mountain bikes ) and runners .

Likewise. Our lane is like the Promenade at Exmouth at the moment. A constant stream of walkers/runners/cyclists.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Big J said:

Likewise. Our lane is like the Promenade at Exmouth at the moment. A constant stream of walkers/runners/cyclists.

When the government advises we all go out and get some physical activity everyone ignores it. When the government tells us to stay home we all suddenly and desperately need to get in our exercise. Its quite funny. :D 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Yeah noticed the exact same thing when I went out for a cycle ride, more  joggers a walkers cyclists than iv'e ever seen around before out and about, this virus must of made everyone exercise  fanatics over night.

Also less cars was nice.

Reckon alot of them are the second homers as the locals aren't generally  into exercise apart from a rare few regular ones I see around.