Lock Down?

5 shires

Just now, The avantgardener said:

There are lots of alternatives from clothing to tools if you look around. My Hi fi- Cyrus (UK) speaker cables (UK) Speakers (UK)  turntable (Linn- Scotland) Saws (Sweden) Land Rover (UK/Germany), clothes/shoes for the kids(Toms) amongst other ethical shops my wife knows and uses.

If we all followed your example the would would be a much better place, thats not sarcasm either. 

Unfortunately when you delve a little deeper the amount of raw materials and components inside the items you mention that originated in China will be surprisingly high. 

• Like 3

Everyone please get tested !!! 

The UK is taking the coronavirus seriously:

New testing is now being conducted without the need to leave your house, so no hospital visit necessary.

All you have to do is mail your stool sample to:

Testing Health - Faecal Covid (THFC)
White Hart Lane
Tottenham
London

ADDED NOTE: Large samples give a more accurate result !!

• Like 5
  • Haha 9

So much for lockdown and staying home,driving back from the buildings where we are lambing tonight, a group of cyclists in the village on a jolly,and people driving out and parking in our village hall car park and going dog walking,what the fuck is the point

9 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

He's also got a grandfather clock, none of that LED rubbish here guv.

They are known as Long Case Clocks....I have one as well, always wanted one, nearly 200 years old and keeps damn good time! I often wonder what will still be floating around in 200 years that is manufactured today. Very little I think!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The avantgardener said:

There are lots of alternatives from clothing to tools if you look around. My Hi fi- Cyrus (UK) speaker cables (UK) Speakers (UK)  turntable (Linn- Scotland) Saws (Sweden) Land Rover (UK/Germany), clothes/shoes for the kids(Toms) amongst other ethical shops my wife knows and uses.

What are the speakers? Running Castle Severn 2s myself and Mordaunt Short surround system. Linn....Sondeck LP12 is it? Always the Audiophiles favourite, my budget only went to a Rega Planar 2  in my youth!

On 25/03/2020 at 16:35, Haironyourchest said:

What would you prefer he had done? Just curious. What you have done/do if you were PM?

At the very least 'lockdown' last week when the death toll was already rising exponentially. China instigated it at less than 20 deaths, Italy and Spain were both around the 200 marks, Germany sub 50. And Boris waited until what, 350? The lack of testing, as WHO recommends is also a wild oversight as far as I can see. 

I was telling this to a friend in Italy and all they said in response was 'You're fucked'.

All he cares about is the economy, which will be fucked anyway. He doesn't give a damn about the lives. 

• Like 1