Lock Down?

5 shires

5 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

You cant answer a simple question. :D 

You started the name calling! :D:D:D 

What meds are you on? Can I have some, please? 

5 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

You cant answer a simple question. :D 

You started the name calling! :D:D:D 

What meds are you on? Can I have some, please? 

You are totally out of order.

Sticking a couple of smileys after comments doesn't make them OK.

If you could see yourself as others see you when you post on here, you might reconsider your approach to trying to be persuasive. It's not just this thread, it's a view I have arrived at over many threads. I can't stop you posting but I don't have to stand by while you misinterpret and then have a go at the opinions of someone as  reasonable and gentle (and extremely unwell) as Gary. You might apologise, if you've got it in you.

You're entitled to your opinion, and your behaviour appears to me to be of the sort that only the anonymity of an assumed name on an internet forum will let you away with, but don't imagine that your rhetoric is in any way persuasive.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

36 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Nothing to do with a Foil hat. If you wish to ignore the facts of where SARS, Bird Flu and now Covid-19 originated from thats thats up to you. 

So you're not a virologist, therefore unable to speak with any authority on this virus. Based on that line of reasoning what education are you underpinning your viewpoint on funding for such outbreaks? 

Again, how much would you like your taxes increased  so that we're better prepared from viruses we have no idea will come or how they will affect the human body? 

On that note, despite our daughter working for the NHS, and on the front line, I already detect/suspect that "the usual suspects" will be looking for unlimited funding for the NHS, most of which would be wasted on extra managers and "absolute state of the art/nothing but the very best vanity projects, or setting up an "International Rescue" type operation to be ready for future catrostphe, which could as likely be an astroid impact, or one of the upteen other  "unknown unknowns".

And, yes, I do realize what it must be like working within the NHS in the present circumstances.

But any economy can and will be crippled by unlimited Government spending, on any such basis.

Marcus

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ESS said:

Personally I don't see anything wrong with what you are doing, but hey.

We sub to one of the large marketing companies , the emails came via them as obviously they were part of the discussions. The letter with the right to work came from them too.

Thanks again!

from the Confor website it appears that they are referencing the good old 'go to work if you can't work from home' line, and they have not as yet got the govt to rule that forestry is a key industry but are working on it.

Pallets have been deemed essential.

I'll keep a close eye on it as things are changing so quickly at the moment.

1 minute ago, Stubby said:

I am sorry you are feeling unwell mate . If you have a seasonal flu virus ( sounds like you have ) be aware that you can contract C19 at the same time . That double wammy will do you no favors at all no matter how tough you are  .

Thanks Stubby. Here lies the problem, those that go down with these symptoms don't know what they have, just that they are unwell. If this is as bad as it gets for me I will take that.

I do however feel I have a moral obligation to others to stay well clear regardless of what I have.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, difflock said:

On that note, despite our daughter working for the NHS, and on the front line, I already detect/suspect that "the usual suspects" will be looking for unlimited funding for the NHS, most of which would be wasted on extra managers and "absolute state of the art/nothing but the very best vanity projects, or setting up an "International Rescue" type operation to be ready for future catrostphe, which could as likely be an astroid impact, or one of the upteen other  "unknown unknowns".

And, yes, I do realize what it must be like working within the NHS in the present circumstances.

But any economy can and will be crippled by unlimited Government spending, on any such basis.

Marcus

Completely agree. They do seem to want unlimited funding yet don't seem to want to pay for it, or even have a suggestion of how it will be funded. The NHS is no longer fit for propose in its current guise. It really needs dismantling and building from the ground up, but obviously thats never gonna happen. So it will just keep creeking on. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, the village idiot said:

Thanks again!

from the Confor website it appears that they are referencing the good old 'go to work if you can't work from home' line, and they have not as yet got the govt to rule that forestry is a key industry but are working on it.

Pallets have been deemed essential.

I'll keep a close eye on it as things are changing so quickly at the moment.

I haven't read the site, only seen snippets online.Perhaps things will be updated today.

Throughout the industry yesterday it was very much a case of carry on until we hear differently, obviously there were a lot of meetings to clarify.Tbf there are a lot of guys that would have preferred to take the 3 week shutdown , and some are voluntarily doing that. Financially I don't need to work, so am prepared to stay away until its safe to others based on how I feel and the guidelines that have been issued.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

Nothing to do with a Foil hat. If you wish to ignore the facts of where SARS, Bird Flu and now Covid-19 originated from thats thats up to you. 

So you're not a virologist, therefore unable to speak with any authority on this virus. Based on that line of reasoning what education are you underpinning your viewpoint on funding for such outbreaks? 

Again, how much would you like your taxes increased  so that we're better prepared from viruses we have no idea will come or how they will affect the human body? 

We can’t do anything to influence the Chinese food markets but we can pay more tax to better prepare our health service for future situations, I for one won’t grumble at paying more tax if it is used correctly.

Before you joined Arbtalk I think most of us where unaware that there was an ‘Ignore’ button, are you going for the Arbtalk record?

• Like 5

Just now, The avantgardener said:

We can’t do anything to influence the Chinese food markets but we can pay more tax to better prepare our health service for future situations, I for one won’t grumble at paying more tax if it is used correctly.

Before you joined Arbtalk I think most of us where unaware that there was an ‘Ignore’ button, are you going for the Arbtalk record?

Im sure the world could influence the Chinese to clean up their act? Maybe after this outbreak they might start on their own accord? I doubt it though, so they may need some gentle leaning. :D 

Someone posted the other day that there was something like 500,000 NHS employees on £100,000 or more. Id hate to think what that figure would be if that number was dropped to encompass £80,000 and above. This to me is a clear indication that the money the NHS is given is not being spent wisely nor would it do so if they where to get a significant spending increase. But the latest Tory budget has given the NHS what many would consider a large budget increase. Will it make a difference or will it be wasted? 

If many were unaware of the ignore button then surely going by todays toy throwing Ive already got that record? 

Certainly got a record. No one minds a bit of banter and politics is certainly on the table in the tree world of UK , but there are some serious problems for actual tree blokes on here who's businesses are taking a big hit now. Yr postings are antagonistic to an extreme .  I would not take any of the responses as positive for you - I enjoy a giggle on here but mostly i get good info from guys who spent All their time and money devoted to this profession.  K

Edited by Khriss
( yr record was a response to my post in under a minute )
  • Like 6