Lock Down?

5 shires

1 minute ago, trigger_andy said:

Personal and aggressive? I made a comment and you took the piss and said said my tinfoil hat was slipping. :D But I can assure you there is nothing aggressive in my response. Just using your own logic and responding in kind. :) 

No, Im not an expert in everything I speak of, and thats the point. You claimed you could not speak about the subject as you're not a virologist now I. :D:D:D 

My comment was a lot of these viruses seem to originate in China, and they originate there by the way they treat their animals. You responded by taking the piss. Then you threw the toys out the pram and claimed its my fault. 

But clearly you do not wish to have your taxes increased to be better prepared for new viruses coming. As money does not grow on trees how do you wish to fund being better prepared? Or was it just a whine? 

You just can't give up your trolling can you?

Ignored!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Matthew Storrs said:

13- I reckon the environment is seeing a lot of positives in this.

How did I forget that one!

Also Arbtalk will be about ten times more active than normal.

Which brings me to think of all the work Steve Bullman does to make this site so good.

He is probably not having much sleep at the moment tending to the beautiful little Maddalena

So thank you again Steve for all your hard work

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, ESS said:

Confor were in discussions  yesterday, there should be something on their website. I believe its been done through the need for biomass, pallet wood route.

We all sub contract and had an email last night with a copy of a letter proving the right to work.

Thanks ESS,

I produce firewood rather than strictly biomass so will have to check out where I stand.

My only work colleague has been strictly quarantined for 12 weeks due to his daughter's heart condition so I am working alone in a wood with no public access. The Wood adjoins the property where I live so no travelling and I live alone.

I'm presuming it is OK for me to continue but waiting for totally unambiguous guidance from govt.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Johnsond said:

Andy as you know I was at a large engineering works today and to put it mildly no fucks were being given mate. People sitting in canteen shoulder to shoulder no social distancing at all. Total joke. Told a couple of guys whom I had to interact with on occasion to step away from me. Not sure what it’s gonna take but people are still not taking this seriously. 

Its infuriating that folk are still not doing as their told. It will just cause more folk to get ill and continue the cycle. Most wont be that heavily affected healthwise, but with increased cases this bloody lock-down will just continue and put more and more jobs on the line. 

• Like 1

Just now, the village idiot said:

Thanks ESS,

I produce firewood rather than strictly biomass so will have to check out where I stand.

My only work colleague has been strictly quarantined for 12 weeks due to his daughter's heart condition so I am working alone in a wood with no public access. The Wood adjoins the property where I live so no travelling and I live alone.

I'm presuming it is OK for me to continue but waiting for totally unambiguous guidance from govt.

Personally I don't see anything wrong with what you are doing, but hey.

We sub to one of the large marketing companies , the emails came via them as obviously they were part of the discussions. The letter with the right to work came from them too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

You cant answer a simple question. :D 

You started the name calling! :D:D:D 

What meds are you on? Can I have some, please? 

Chemotherapeutic treating my third relapse (in <5 yrs)

Sorry, short on the other drug list that is being used to try  treat my renal failure due to my cancer relapse .

And you're more than F*ing welcome to have some!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Gary Prentice said:

Chemotherapeutic treating my third relapse (in <5 yrs)

Sorry, short on the other drug list that is being used to try  treat my renal failure due to my cancer relapse .

And you're more than F*ing welcome to have some!

Im, sorry to hear that.

But you cant respond to a genuine comment by taking the piss and then get the hump if the piss is taken back out of you. Which, to be honest, I was was not doing. 

11 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

You cant answer a simple question. :D 

You started the name calling! :D:D:D 

FFS Andy give it a rest he,s got enough going on with his life,just trying to stay alive himself

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

54 minutes ago, ESS said:

I have been laid up with something for the past week now. Short of having a test I cannot say whether I have Covid or not,but its been enough to sit me on my ass. I usually fight infections  pretty well but for the past week I have been up and down on an hourly basis. Yesterday I spent most of the day asleep, this morning I am burning up.

If theres a point to this it is that I work in the forestry sector and spend most of my day in machinery with very little to no contact with the outside world apart from fuel stations etc., 

Its easy to make symptoms fit if we want to, but regardless I have picked something up from very little contact .

Forestry has been given key industry status , so I will be returning to work as and when,but not until not as much I feel well enough to work, but more a case of being as sure as I can that I am not going to pass it on to others, whatever I have.

Play it safe.

I am sorry you are feeling unwell mate . If you have a seasonal flu virus ( sounds like you have ) be aware that you can contract C19 at the same time . That double wammy will do you no favors at all no matter how tough you are  .