Lock Down?

5 shires

I have been laid up with something for the past week now. Short of having a test I cannot say whether I have Covid or not,but its been enough to sit me on my ass. I usually fight infections  pretty well but for the past week I have been up and down on an hourly basis. Yesterday I spent most of the day asleep, this morning I am burning up.

If theres a point to this it is that I work in the forestry sector and spend most of my day in machinery with very little to no contact with the outside world apart from fuel stations etc., 

Its easy to make symptoms fit if we want to, but regardless I have picked something up from very little contact .

Forestry has been given key industry status , so I will be returning to work as and when,but not until not as much I feel well enough to work, but more a case of being as sure as I can that I am not going to pass it on to others, whatever I have.

Play it safe.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Surely the biggest problem is China's complete lack of respect for life? There's a reason all these viruses keep originating from there. 

How much would you like your own personal tax increased to to have medication, supplies, extra docs and nurses on stand-by to cope with the next shit-storm to come outta there? 

You've dropped your foil hat again ?

Not been a virologist I'm in no position to even debate the the whys and wherefore's of this virus, I just accept it's here and we are having to deal with it. Or rather that we should be in a sufficient state of preparedness to deal with it. (or better than we am)

1 minute ago, ESS said:

I have been laid up with something for the past week now. Short of having a test I cannot say whether I have Covid or not,but its been enough to sit me on my ass. I usually fight infections  pretty well but for the past week I have been up and down on an hourly basis. Yesterday I spent most of the day asleep, this morning I am burning up.

If theres a point to this it is that I work in the forestry sector and spend most of my day in machinery with very little to no contact with the outside world apart from fuel stations etc., 

Its easy to make symptoms fit if we want to, but regardless I have picked something up from very little contact .

Forestry has been given key industry status , so I will be returning to work as and when,but not until not as much I feel well enough to work, but more a case of being as sure as I can that I am not going to pass it on to others, whatever I have.

Play it safe.

My missus had the same thing a few weeks ago and its still lingering on. I walked into the living room to find the Stove at almost melting point and she was wrapped up in a blanket. Now she's saying her lungs have been burning up for days and she's wheezing and short of breath. Both wee ones have been right outta sort the last couple of weeks too,. I pickle myself with whisky so nothing ever takes a hold on me. :D Plus one glass of water I drink at home I squeeze 1/2 to one lemon and a whole lime into. Supposedly there is emerging evidence Vic C can fight The Rona. 

Whisky sours it is. :D 

Wondering if we can find some positive outcomes for this Lock Down.

Here is my first dozen 

1.  Giving up smoking  (not me!)

2.  More attention to eating fresh food and less sugar   (Me!)

3. Lose that weight you have been trying to shift for years  (Me!)

4.  Meeting elderly and vulnerable people from your community to help them, which you otherwise would never have met

5. Facing your family and having to resolve issues that you would normally walk away from by going to work

6. Cleaning the house

7. Tidying up your bookwork and accounts

8.  Finding time to read books like Norwegian Wood

9  Hopefully the country will try and be more self sufficient for food security and have less exotic imports with no account of the conditions or procedures of their production

10 less just in time globalisation in general.

11  More people working from home via the internet

12 Start that vegetable garden "Digging for Britain!"

Any more

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Gary Prentice said:

You've dropped your foil hat again ?

Not been a virologist I'm in no position to even debate the the whys and wherefore's of this virus, I just accept it's here and we are having to deal with it. Or rather that we should be in a sufficient state of preparedness to deal with it. (or better than we am)

Nothing to do with a Foil hat. If you wish to ignore the facts of where SARS, Bird Flu and now Covid-19 originated from thats thats up to you. 

So you're not a virologist, therefore unable to speak with any authority on this virus. Based on that line of reasoning what education are you underpinning your viewpoint on funding for such outbreaks? 

Again, how much would you like your taxes increased  so that we're better prepared from viruses we have no idea will come or how they will affect the human body? 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ESS said:

Play it safe.

Where did you find out that forestry has been given key industry status?

Jeez that soon got personal and aggressive, back off fella!

I take it that you are are an expert and qualified in everything that you speak about on the forum then?

I'm not a virologist, but have done enough study and research in plant pathology ( particularly in trees) to realise where must of the current threats (Microbiological, viral, bacteria) etc actually from and how the the native populations (flora and fauna) have evolved with them. 

Globalization changes the scale and rate of evolution of diseases to levels that are difficult to comprehend. Who would have proposed that ash dieback would have decimated this countries ash trees in less 5-6 years. 

I don't know why I'm even attempting to debate this with you, I've enough of my own personal and health issues to be going on with than to be baited by you. 

I'm out.

• Like 14

20 minutes ago, Billhook said:

Wondering if we can find some positive outcomes for this Lock Down.

Here is my first dozen 

1.  Giving up smoking  (not me!)

2.  More attention to eating fresh food and less sugar   (Me!)

3. Lose that weight you have been trying to shift for years  (Me!)

4.  Meeting elderly and vulnerable people from your community to help them, which you otherwise would never have met

5. Facing your family and having to resolve issues that you would normally walk away from by going to work

6. Cleaning the house

7. Tidying up your bookwork and accounts

8.  Finding time to read books like Norwegian Wood

9  Hopefully the country will try and be more self sufficient for food security and have less exotic imports with no account of the conditions or procedures of their production

10 less just in time globalisation in general.

11  More people working from home via the internet

12 Start that vegetable garden "Digging for Britain!"

Any more

13- I reckon the environment is seeing a lot of positives in this.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, the village idiot said:

Where did you find out that forestry has been given key industry status?

Confor were in discussions  yesterday, there should be something on their website. I believe its been done through the need for biomass, pallet wood route.

We all sub contract and had an email last night with a copy of a letter proving the right to work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Gary Prentice said:

Jeez that soon got personal and aggressive, back off fella!

I take it that you are are an expert and qualified in everything that you speak about on the forum then?

I'm not a virologist, but have done enough study and research in plant pathology ( particularly in trees) to realise where must of the current threats (Microbiological, viral, bacteria) etc actually from and how the the native populations (flora and fauna) have evolved with them. 

Globalization changes the scale and rate of evolution of diseases to levels that are difficult to comprehend. Who would have proposed that ash dieback would have decimated this countries ash trees in less 5-6 years. 

I don't know why I'm even attempting to debate this with you, I've enough of my own personal and health issues to be going on with than to be baited by you. 

I'm out.

Personal and aggressive? I made a comment and you took the piss and said said my tinfoil hat was slipping. :D But I can assure you there is nothing aggressive in my response. Just using your own logic and responding in kind. :) 

No, Im not an expert in everything I speak of, and thats the point. You claimed you could not speak about the subject as you're not a virologist not I. :D:D:D 

My comment was a lot of these viruses seem to originate in China, and they originate there by the way they treat their animals. You responded by taking the piss. Then you threw the toys out the pram and claimed its my fault. 

But clearly you do not wish to have your taxes increased to be better prepared for new viruses coming. As money does not grow on trees how do you wish to fund being better prepared? Or was it just a whine? 

Edited by trigger_andy