Lock Down?

5 shires

In a remarkable coincidence, I have just discovered I have not one, but potentially two hernias emerging! ? so I am laid up now for quite some time. Started with aching balls on Sunday and got worse. Took a reluctant trip to GP last night (out of hours) and he was baffled. Went to regular GP today, and he strongly feels it’s at least one, but likely a matching pair. Normally he’d be referring me to hospital, but not essential so I’m resting at home. Well I say resting, I have a 2 and a bit year old son, a 3 week old daughter and a highly anxious partner at home. So rest is difficult! 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, IronMike said:

In a remarkable coincidence, I have just discovered I have not one, but potentially two hernias emerging! ? so I am laid up now for quite some time. Started with aching balls on Sunday and got worse. Took a reluctant trip to GP last night (out of hours) and he was baffled. Went to regular GP today, and he strongly feels it’s at least one, but likely a matching pair. Normally he’d be referring me to hospital, but not essential so I’m resting at home. Well I say resting, I have a 2 and a bit year old son, a 3 week old daughter and a highly anxious partner at home. So rest is difficult! 

Christ - that’s a ball ache!

• Like 2

Hi all,

Just to reiterate here :

Please see the following update - As government advice is currently unclear, and as is the norm at the moment still being developed, until we have clarity from defra that's all we can safely say - but we are actively seeking clarification and hope to have further detailed guidance this afternoon. Thanks for your patience and please stay safe everyone.

Arboricultural Association Coronavirus Update - Guidance for Arboricultural Contractors

The Arboricultural Association is actively engaging with partner organisations through our membership of the Parliamentary Ornamental Horticulture Group to seek industry-specific guidance from Government. In the meantime we would urge all of our members to follow existing Government and Public Health advice relating to Coronavirus and stay at home unless absolutely necessary.

Further statements will follow as soon as we have received any additional clarification and guidance from official sources.

WWW.TREES.ORG.UK

<h2 class= dblue bold mb20 >Guidance for Arboricultural Contractors</h2> <div class= row lgreybg ml0 mr0 style=...

27 minutes ago, IronMike said:

I've got three, not that I'm trying to trump you, one umbilical and one each side in the groin. Was due to have them all tucked back in over the next month or two, luckily they don't bother me at the moment. Had horrendous pain in my left testicle for a while which may have been the hernia, it got to the point where I couldn't really speak at times.

49 minutes ago, Toad said:

I've got three, not that I'm trying to trump you, one umbilical and one each side in the groin. Was due to have them all tucked back in over the next month or two, luckily they don't bother me at the moment. Had horrendous pain in my left testicle for a while which may have been the hernia, it got to the point where I couldn't really speak at times.

I’m not envious of your situation! Two are bad enough! The pain is savage, and continuous. I had pain in my left one to start with, but the real pain is above my tackle. The GP prodded and probed me and my god did I know about it. 

After much thought im going to be keeping going. We’re now working like this:

use separate vans
Sanitise regularly
Keep away from one another where possible
Insist customers remain indoors or at least 3 meters from us.
Don’t accept tea etc from customers
Invoice and payment all done online

We’re happy to keep going as we see ourselves as pretty low risk being outside all the time and not requiring interaction with customers.

If you’re gonna catch it it’s gonna be at the supermarket. All the small businesses round here have started delivery services so we’re getting meat from the butchers veg from the greengrocers beer direct from the brewery in town (that’s an essential )

The only time I’ll have to interact with anyone outside the household is to fill up the trucks and petrol cans once a week.

Can’t do much more than that.

The problem is London, it’s not got nearly enough medical facilities to cope and the tube bus etc will keep spreading it. Plus they all bloody came down here for a day on the beach on Sunday and got us all grounded. Overcrowded city full of twats.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Kent Arboreal said:

After much thought im going to be keeping going. We’re now working like this:

use separate vans
Sanitise regularly
Keep away from one another where possible
Insist customers remain indoors or at least 3 meters from us.
Don’t accept tea etc from customers
Invoice and payment all done online

We’re happy to keep going as we see ourselves as pretty low risk being outside all the time and not requiring interaction with customers.

If you’re gonna catch it it’s gonna be at the supermarket. All the small businesses round here have started delivery services so we’re getting meat from the butchers veg from the greengrocers beer direct from the brewery in town (that’s an essential )

The only time I’ll have to interact with anyone outside the household is to fill up the trucks and petrol cans once a week.

Can’t do much more than that.

The problem is London, it’s not got nearly enough medical facilities to cope and the tube bus etc will keep spreading it. Plus they all bloody came down here for a day on the beach on Sunday and got us all grounded. Overcrowded city full of twats.

Dont think you will be going any where after Thursday as fines are to be issued and so they should, as the only way to stop the spread of covid-19 is to make people stay at home, and just keep every one away from each other,

• Like 2