Lock Down?

5 shires

1 minute ago, The avantgardener said:

The first thing I would do would be to reinstate the nurses bursary to encourage more into the industry. We have always been able to afford this previously, so why not now?

With the present situation it more a question of can we afford not to pay to cover the bill for more nurses?

Totally agree!

It should however come with a mandated return of service or an obligation for reimbursement of training costs. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The avantgardener said:

The first thing I would do would be to reinstate the nurses bursary to encourage more into the industry. We have always been able to afford this previously, so why not now?

With the present situation it more a question of can we afford not to pay to cover the bill for more nurses?

One of these new fangled Typhoon fighters will pay fr a hospital / clinic. Never see .Gov#Tory being slow ordering those in, I think there will be a sea change with NHS after this palaver.  In Town, plenty of people shopping on Tube, must remember biscuits....... ?  K

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Well fuck this lock-down, my hired-in self-drive digger an dumper, to be delivered am today, have just been cancelled, due to the lockdown.

Bugger!

P.S.

Stuff was hired from a local family run business, I was a little surprised at the non-availability, since I imagined it should count as "work", and since very  limited personal contact is involved, therefore low risk, AND I had washed down the door handles and control surfaces in the smaller digger that I had hired in last week from the same firm.

Yet our Son, working in a very busy Post Office, cheerfully said, only last week, that he and the other workers, will be expected to work to he drops or dies, then they simply be replaced!

He also deals with many Chinese nationals, though that is no longer particularily pertinent.

EDIT:

I then tried CPH, who  supplied a digger and dumper, left at the end of the lane, and despite my bucket of hot water and Dettol, the very sound young driver, instructed me to stay back(and I was anyway) UNTIL he had disinfected all door handles and control surfaces.

KUDOS! to CPH.

Edited by difflock
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, difflock said:

Well fuck this lock-down, my hired-in self-drive digger an dumper, to be delivered am today, have just been cancelled, due to the lockdown.

Bugger!

My mate is pouring the footings today on a new build he's building, he's just rang to tell me all the materials for a start on Monday are on the truck and aren't being delivered, he isn't happy.

• Like 2

Hello mate. Yeah winter here was savage. Sods law that the first decent days we get for tree work and we have all this going on. Family is good, had another edition in Jan turn up so that's cool. How's you? Been affected by the fires much? Family settled in Ok? 

• Like 1

Hello mate. Yeah winter here was savage. Sods law that the first decent days we get for tree work and we have all this going on. Family is good, had another edition in Jan turn up so that's cool. How's you? Been affected by the fires much? Family settled in Ok? 

Wow congratulations to you both, yeah we’re having an amazing time here and glad I left when we did but should of done this much sooner. Just had an update here from the PM saying we have more restrictions but still no lock down, which personally is what needs to be done imo. The guy I contract to is super busy so no complaints there, I’m working in the northern suburbs and around the northern beaches which are absolutely stunning. Take care of yourself and family mate, was good to catch up ???

That's it for us until further notice, still amazed at the amount of calls I have had asking if we are going to carry on working.
If people would only understand that if they actually did what was being asked of them this will pass a hell of a lot quicker.
Building sites all working around here today, groups of blokes in the vans, do people not have the savvy to realise 6 weeks now will do less harm to the economy especially the building trade than if it goes on for longer, which it undoubtedly will if they don't pull their heads out of their arses and do what is asked of them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1