Lock Down?

5 shires

Update on my wife. Taken in by ambulance at 1530 yesterday. She's been keeping me updated by mobile phone texts etc until 0330 this morning when she said could i come to collect her. She was released and I brought her home. Had Xrays,  blood tests and a virus was found in her lungs. Not tested for the Coruna as it seems the test kits are in short supply. She is home now and we are both confined for another 14 days. If she gets bad again, ring for an ambulance. They wanted rid of her to free up the bed. She waited in the ambulance after arriving at the hospital for over 2 hours due to the volume of patients coming in. This seems to be the norm, unless you are death's door,  stay at home, then if your condition deteriorates,  you will be wheeled back in. All the emergency staff have been exemplary. Very bizarre travelling up the motorway and only vehicles were hgv using it, not many of those compared to normal. 

As to the ambiguous nature of the "can I work or can't I" question, it's exactly the same over here. Good luck to you all and your families,  please listen to the Government advice.

• Like 13

9 minutes ago, MattyF said:

Here’s the thing , we have two surveys on the books left in and I’m tempted to do them today , in light of recent storms and they are in heavily used public areas I would argue it’s essential?

If laying bricks is deemed essential then crack on Matty, as long as you are social distancing. The builders I have seen this morning are all crammed in the front of transits, no point social distancing on site if your travelling to and from work in one vehicle. Brain dead.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, maybelateron said:

Yes, I do totally realise how lucky I am. Some people would acknowledge I worked very hard long hours etc to be in the position I am now in. I take my position/good luck etc seriously and will ensure my employees are well looked after in this dreadful mess we are in. It does not alter the fact that I can still offer a worthwhile viewpoint on the shitstorm we are now in, like the fact that two of my daughter's fiance's  work colleagues (he is a junior hospital doctor) are now on a high dependency unit with covid19, and we all need to do all we can to limit the spread.

I have three doctor friends who have rather worryingly taken early retirement.  Pressure of general practice, long hours and form filling. 

If I put you in charge of the health service, what changes would you make to improve the environment for doctors and nurses?

19 minutes ago, MattyF said:

Here’s the thing , we have two surveys on the books left in and I’m tempted to do them today , in light of recent storms and they are in heavily used public areas I would argue it’s essential?

Mine are - or a tree fail will shut network. I would say its yr professional duty ( and look out fr an open cafe) k

15 minutes ago, MattyF said:

Similarly I have a tree to do today that was I.d'd as a hazard in a survey 2 years ago and the company that manages the grounds has only just got round to getting it done. It's a location where we can quite easily be distanced from everyone and as there is only 2 of us, we will be able to maintain the social distance recommended gap and get it done. I am going to postpone the private work I was doing tomorrow as it's in a garden and it will be a lot harder to follow the guidance. After today I think I'll wait to see how it all pans out. I expect Bojo will have another cunning plan for us by this evening. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Billhook said:

I have three doctor friends who have rather worryingly taken early retirement.  Pressure of general practice, long hours and form filling. 

If I put you in charge of the health service, what changes would you make to improve the environment for doctors and nurses?

Pay them more money n give them cheap houses an before another witless response comes to that read "this is going to hurt" by Adam Kay, an ex Dr. K