Lock Down?

5 shires

5 minutes ago, Ratman said:

He didnt state “lockdown” in his speech Andy,

His speach is just that, a speach. The nitty gritty is in the legal docs, and if you're inclined, how you perceive your responsibility to your fellow man is. 

5 minutes ago, Ratman said:

Example..... today i’ve gone about my day as normal (i’m on annual leave this week and was meant to be away in the lakes but haven’t gone) i got up, made a brew, did some housework, went to the supermarket for my dad / myself (my dads in the at risk category) back home to pick the dog up, went for a walk up and around a local fell (quiet spot) back home, bit more housework, feet up with beer / tv / wifi.
All the above complies with what Boris has suggested.

Happy days.  :) Walk, beer and a whisky. About sums up my day too. Oh, and placating the missus who is propper freaking out now as it looks less likely Ill be able to get back home any time soon now. 

Apart from that its all good. -:D 

Edited by trigger_andy
  • Like 1

● Travelling to and from work, but only where this absolutely cannot be done from home.

3. STOPPING PUBLIC GATHERINGS To make sure people are staying at home and apart from each other, the Government is also stopping all public gatherings of more than two people. There are only two exceptions to this rule: ● where the gathering is of a group of people who live together - this means that a parent can, for example, take their children to the shops if there is no option to leave them at home. ● where the gathering is essential for work purposes - but workers should be trying to minimise all meetings and other gatherings in the workplace.

These are the two key bits relating to continuing to work BUT is your work so essential that someone's life is put at risk? 

1 minute ago, Rob McKinley said:

I'm working tomorrow, he definitely said "if you can't work from home " I've listened to it 4 times. I'm working in a copse tomorrow about a mile from the nearest house. People are still allowed to shop for food which is far more dangerous 

Exactly. People can still pass by eachother in supermarkets passing it on, and the way its been going i want to see how the panic buying is policed in days to follow. My gf works in a supermarket with no protection at all serving customers, delivery drivers still working? 

• Like 1