Lock Down?

5 shires

2 minutes ago, doobin said:

OK for you to say that sat there in your PAYE job.

The address could be interpreted either way. Clear as mud. Did he mean if travel for the work was essential or if the work itself was essential? And who gets to define essential?

I'll keep working until law enforcement tell me otherwise, or BoJo puts his hand in his pocket like he has for everyone else and pays me not to.

I'm with you. If the police pull me ill be honest with then. Isnt clear what is essential. Some of this will be hard to police. 

3 minutes ago, doobin said:

OK for you to say that sat there in your PAYE job.

I get that. Im also holed up in a small room for the next 12 days.

3 minutes ago, doobin said:

The address could be interpreted either way. Clear as mud. Did he mean if travel for the work was essential or if the work itself was essential? And who gets to define essential?

I think the post just before this one kinda clears it up. 

4 minutes ago, doobin said:

I'll keep working until law enforcement tell me otherwise, or BoJo puts his hand in his pocket like he has for everyone else and pays me not to.

Gotta keep the wolves from the door. 

This is an unnecessary escalation. Unnecessary because if a significant proportion of the population weren't moronic, we wouldn't be in this situation. 

I swear a third of the population woke up yesterday, looked out the window, thought "ooh, it's a lovely day, I'll go to the beach/national trust property/scenic place, it's Mothers Day". And now here we are. 

I work in total isolation in a forest environment. I get into my car on my drive, in isolation, speak to noone and don't stop enroute and don't get within 10 metres of anyone all day. I shall continue to go to work until forced not to. My timber goes out on a lorry, where the driver works in isolation and goes to firewood retailers, who largely process in isolation.

As usual, a minority showing ill judgement has ruined it for the rest of us.

• Like 12