Lock Down?

5 shires

Just been watching the news on the beeb, showed scenes inside Madrid hospital, patients laying in corridors on the floor. Not all old people either, saying 10 doctors dead and 1 in 10 medical staff infected. Sobering watching.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, David Cropper said:

This is why Lock Down is essential. My wife has stayed in since the regulations came in. Been out once last Friday for essential shopping. Saturday feeling unwell, shrugged it off and thought it was a cold. Today, feeling very rough, phoned emergency services who turned up within 10 minutes. Team of three, all the kit on, took her temperature,  38, pains now in her sides, legs and arms. Full tests done then consulted the duty doctor. Within 30 minutes whisked off in the ambulance to Poitiers hospital. No visits allowed, just got to wait it out. Contacted my daughter in Limoges as her and our grandson went with my wife to New York and returned three weeks ago, the daughter has breast cancer so is in the risk parameters I suppose. I'm confined until whenever. 

Bloody hell David sorry to hear this,makes it all a bit more real when it happens close to home,hope all goes well for ya

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, David Cropper said:

This is why Lock Down is essential. My wife has stayed in since the regulations came in. Been out once last Friday for essential shopping. Saturday feeling unwell, shrugged it off and thought it was a cold. Today, feeling very rough, phoned emergency services who turned up within 10 minutes. Team of three, all the kit on, took her temperature,  38, pains now in her sides, legs and arms. Full tests done then consulted the duty doctor. Within 30 minutes whisked off in the ambulance to Poitiers hospital. No visits allowed, just got to wait it out. Contacted my daughter in Limoges as her and our grandson went with my wife to New York and returned three weeks ago, the daughter has breast cancer so is in the risk parameters I suppose. I'm confined until whenever. 

Good grief David, fingers crossed for a good outcome and yes if daughter is on chemo she is definitely in the  vulnerable group and needs shielding.

• Thanks 1

Sounds like a lockdown is inevitable. The sooner the better too, people are cutting about like nothing is happening. This shit is serious though.

Regardless, I've called off all work from Friday, and will happily cancel that work if I'm told I should. BMC and mountain rescue teams all over the UK are telling people not to go rock climbing as they don't have the resources to respond to incidents at the moment. They will of course, but it will be stretching them ever thinner, and the level of care you get surely won't be the normal. 

With that in mind, I think it's in everyone's best interest of even we, the tree guys, stand back for the time being. 

This also doesn't sound like it's just affecting the elderly and vulnerable. I've been told by a nurse there are otherwise fit and healthy people in their 30s in the icu who don't look like they'll make it.

Shit's real folks. Stay home. Stop smoking.