Lock Down?

5 shires

1 hour ago, Ty Korrigan said:

Only 9 mourners are allowed to be present.

The wake cancelled.

25 allowed in crematorium chapel but that may change on Monday, service relayed by loudspeaker to those outside.

Wake was cancelled Friday

I was surprised but my daughter's dog, in my profile picture, will be allowed to travel in the limo and enter the chapel.

• Like 4

My younger daughter's funeral and close family will have a cup of tea and scones in the garden after.

We will have a proper gathering at a later date.
Please accept my condolences and also my apologies for the strength of my comments to you. In my defence my wife suffers badly from asthma and having previously seen her blue in the face struggling to breathe I obviously feel strongly about social distancing as she is very much at risk.
These are difficult times and we should all be more thoughtful and caring of others.
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I'm pretty chipper regardless, I've kids, the best 'raison d'etre'

My mum was a lost cause health wise so no shock to me she was dying, it was the manner of her death I found difficult.

Who wrote " No man should have to bury his children?"

Stuart

My sympathies to the 2 off u.

Now I understand the reason for a lock down and flattening the curve etc, but every time a lock down period ends u will have spikes off infection again in cycles until enough folk have had it so it can't spread so easily.

I also imagine half the bother with this virus is the symptoms are so mild that many folk may not know they have it or may be contagious even before they have the symptoms.

Bottom line almost all off us are going to catch it at some point just a matter off when.

Would it not be an idea to get some volanteers, youngish and healthy with no known illnesses, to be given the disease then go into a 'quaratine' type area even say now empty hotel or butlns.

So because everyone there potentially has it there really is not the need for the lock down to the same extent.

Infact u pretty much could have a party if u wanted to or a wee holiday with the Mrs if both healthy etc.

U don't need this social distancing either.

2 weeks later u'd be free to go back to work and behave normally which also helps this herd immunity.

And get the next batch in.

Even the hotel/butlins wouldn't need to be constantly disenfected/deep cleaned as everyone there is infected anyway, atleast until the end.

Just going to cost an absolute fortune and dragon for a long long time

15 minutes ago, Ty Korrigan said:

My mum was a lost cause health wise so no shock to me she was dying, it was the manner of her death I found difficult.

Stuart

King theoden

And sorry for both your losses 

• Like 1

Stuart

Hi Stuart, I’m going through similar also with my mum but this all happened just before we emigrated to Aus last year, I must admit it on my mind now a bit more as I wouldn’t be able to fly back for a while or six months there saying at the moment. But my mum is an old school smoker and steady drinker so all her problems are down to her poor choices, what can you do[emoji849]. My thoughts are with you though bud.
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, drinksloe said:

I also imagine half the bother with this virus is the symptoms are so mild that many folk may not know they have it or may be contagious even before they have the symptoms.

Bottom line almost all off us are going to catch it at some point just a matter off when.

There's a couple of points I've been dwelling on, yes it will persist and most will catch it, current effort seems to be to drive the reproducibility below 2, i.e. currently each infected person is infecting two others, such that the number infected is doubling every 3 days. Japan is down to doubling every 20 days.

The other thing is that the young doctor who tried to publicise the outbreak in china himself died which worries me. Could it be that our immune system can cope with a small initial infection but constant exposure becomes lethal?

• Like 2

There's a couple of points I've been dwelling on, yes it will persist and most will catch it, current effort seems to be to drive the reproducibility below 2, i.e. currently each infected person is infecting two others, such that the number infected is doubling every 3 days. Japan is down to doubling every 20 days.

The other thing is that the young doctor who tried to publicise the outbreak in china himself died which worries me. Could it be that our immune system can cope with a small initial infection but constant exposure becomes lethal?

I know before now they reckon it could be anything from 40-60% of the population to get it but the way it’s going it surely will be higher?