Lock Down?

5 shires

My mum has asked my sister and her children not to visit until risk of infection subsides. My mum can see her grandkids safely on Skype, and there is even a handy volume control. 

Its not so bad not too see family for even a year. It's best for each person to imagine they already died (of oxygen starvation etc) and that after the isolation they get the chance to be reborn. Each person a Jesus come a bit later than easter

38 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

My younger daughter's funeral and close family will have a cup of tea and scones in the garden after.

We will have a proper gathering at a later date.

I'm so sorry to hear this. Awful enough in normal times, but doubly so at the moment. Thinking of you and your family.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, openspaceman said:

My younger daughter's funeral and close family will have a cup of tea and scones in the garden after.

My mothers funeral is booked for April 2nd.

It may well be by web cam for me.

Only 9 mourners are allowed to be present.

The wake cancelled.

I had returned to the U.K to be with her in the final hours when she died on Tuesday 10th March of pneumonia and septicaemia.

Horrible, I wish to never again witness such a death. She was pleading with me "help me help me"

I would have done too but my family wouldn't leave me alone with her due to it being common knowledge of a pact made some years ago not to let her suffer.

Thursday, we suspected Macron would announce frontier closures, so not being willing to let myself be trapped in the U.K for weeks and have my business and family life ripped apart, I jumped on the next ferry that evening without even having the chance to embrace Dad who was out at a parish meeting.

I'm plugging away at jobs on my own, making progress but finding it tiring.

Stuart

• Sad 4

4 minutes ago, Ty Korrigan said:

My mothers funeral is booked for April 2nd.

It may well be by web cam for me.

Only 9 mourners are allowed to be present.

The wake cancelled.

I had returned to the U.K to be with her in the final hours when she died on Tuesday 10th March of pneumonia and septicaemia.

Horrible, I wish to never again witness such a death. She was pleading with me "help me help me"

I would have done too but my family wouldn't leave me alone with her due to it being common knowledge of a pact made some years ago not to let her suffer.

Thursday, we suspected Macron would announce frontier closures, so not being willing to let myself be trapped in the U.K for weeks and have my business and family life ripped apart, I jumped on the next ferry that evening without even having the chance to embrace Dad who was out at a parish meeting.

I'm plugging away at jobs on my own, making progress but finding it tiring.

Stuart

Christ. Again, I'm so sorry to hear this. It's the worst of the current lock down in society is being unable to be where you need to be at the hardest of times. All strength to you all.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, openspaceman said:

Kin'ell Andrew, sorry to hear this. Thoughts are with you and yours.

French news this evening,

Gendarmes are now controlling your shopping habits.

People who leave Supermarkets with banal items only, such as the woman with 4x6 litre bottles of coke, are being given a verbal warning.

This will change to a fine of 135euros shortly.

People who leave home without the required paperwork, 135euros fine.

Cars, one person only, 135euros per person if more than the driver present.

On one hand we have the medical teams pleading us to stay at home and others, regional politicians telling us to get back to work! Madness!

I'm working alone, no-one come near me, especially when I cough which is enough to send the curious running.

Stuart