Lock Down?

5 shires

18 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Agreed, but someone is gonna have to do it and JSA ‘requires’ one to be available for work from my limited understanding of it. 

Looks like there may be more jobs to be done than there are people willing to do them. 

Maybe potential for a National Service Land Army?

If buisnessess are out of work and their staff apply for the government grant- shouldn’t it be on the basis they undertake other required works- like stacking shelves or agri work (sure there’s loads more jobs that will need to be filled- delivering meals on wheels to the elderly etc...) if your not happy to do those jobs to keep a roof over your head your not that desperate... obviously all being well normal services will resume once this has settled and they should hopefully have their own jobs to return to.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, aspenarb said:

No panic here atm but do wonder where all this will be six months down the road.

Bob

Be in a better place than now, My own view the fact its affecting every country in the world means all the best brains and labs are flat out 24 hours a day looking for a cure, Come on we put a robot on mars, Take people apart and put them back together and clone every thong in sight 

Look on the bright side....

Remember the Labour manifesto which promised massive capital spend on the basis that interest rates were low enough to run up a debt mountain?

There should be some serious embarrassed bar stewards looking back on the policies and promises that were written just a few months ago.

It's gonna be bad enough working our way out of this catastrophe, imagine if the national finances had been pished away before we'd even started! 

• Like 3

Me to musch [emoji16] Takes real men to do what we do stubby and we aint going let some shitty virus beat us are we champ 

It’d look like you’d contracted it morning after drinking that shite!!! [emoji37]??

1 hour ago, EdwardC said:

Well I messed up today. Decided to follow government advice and go outside to exercise. Did a lap of Blencathra via Sharp Edge and Halls Fell Ridge. Cracking day. But it was really busy, lots of people out. Seemed to me they were mostly plague infected Cockneys coming to their second homes in the Lakes. On the way back to the car I thought about popping into the White Horse, but decided to get home only to find that now all pubs are closing. Should lock London down to stop the rats running away spreading the plague, thereby allowing pubs to remain open elsewhere. The answer to this plague is the same as it was in 1666: Get London burnt.

20200320_112825.jpg

Incredibly harsh Edward.

I agree wholeheartedly!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rough Hewn said:

Got one tree job lined up next week and a firewood delivery.
That's it.
Financial help for self employed and renting?
Yeah 2 weeks of SSP, about £180.
I'll be applying for shelf stacking shortly.

Check that again mate I think it’s universal credit raised up to ssp level and not just 2 weeks. Not brilliant but a start at least

38 minutes ago, Rough Hewn said:

Got one tree job lined up next week and a firewood delivery.
That's it.
Financial help for self employed and renting?
Yeah 2 weeks of SSP, about £180.
I'll be applying for shelf stacking shortly.

Aye:

Someone earning £38,000 PAYE (A salaried job), will get £30,000 per annum.

A self employed person earning £38,000 will get £4K per annum.