Lock Down?

5 shires

Get an Alaskan mill?
Bit of woodwork?
Sounds like an opportunity!
Best of luck mate [emoji106]

Yeah I’m thinking off ideas around it. Was thinking of doing logs for my company on my own and super isolate myself, my own saws and fuel, on my own etc. Just have to be super careful as I’m expecting a letter from my doctor next week about 12 weeks isolation.

Could try woodwork but I’d think I’d soon be out of business [emoji23]
  • Like 1

I’m on day 5 of a 14 day isolation, heavy seasonal cold, with cough and my mrs has asthma and respiratory issues so we are playing safe. Don’t do a massive amount of climbing/tree work these days so I’ve got work I can do from home that will keep me kind of productive. Did a big windblown conifer the other day. Don’t fancy this for 12 weeks at all. IMG_4149.jpg

4 hours ago, Mark Bolam said:

I checked this yesterday, couldn't believe the volume.

A flight from Madras to Heathrow was passing overhead as I did it.

That will help the situation, then.

Huge contributer to global  warming ?‍♂️?‍♂️But passed off as a must have in modern day life regardless of the cost. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Johnsond said:

Huge contributer to global  warming ?‍♂️?‍♂️But passed off as a must have in modern day life regardless of the cost. 

Totally. They estimate  before the pandemic 12 million people a day took an international flight. With the population approaching 8 billion still growing at estimated 1% - thats 80, 000 000 extra consumers each year. Even if this latest mutant strain SARS CoV-2 killed 50 million worlwide it wouldn't even take out 1 years growth in population size.  

Anyone caught more than 500 miles from where they were born - sling em in the gulag as slave labour

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Loads  of people have  turned up at there seconds homes too self isolate, which they are usually at for only for a few weeks in summer,   perfect way to spread the virus ?

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

A rural GP says local health services will not be able to cope with a surge in people relocating.

Edited by Stere
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

I’ve been thinking the same Gary. If there are children (and I’m sure, sadly, there are) in such danger / risk of neglect if they stay at home from 09:00 15:00, what happens to that risk between 15:01 and 08:59?

Does it just not exist outside of school hours?

There’s one creature that used to appear at our nipper’s school. Her daughter was a lovely little girl, best friends with ours. 

Her mother on the other hand, was a total scummer retard. Several previous children extracted from her care, including the little 7 year old, and yet she kept getting knocked up and spitting out more. 

If ever there was a case for sterilisation - she was it!

Come on, you're far more intelligent than that! You can't see why schooling is important to vulnerable children? 

I agree with the sterilisation bit.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Mesterh said:

The NSPCC think schools should. 

LEARNING.NSPCC.ORG.UK

Resources and support for schools - helping to make sure the school...

Sorry Mesterh my using the word 'protection' in has mis-directed the conversation. No argument from me r.e. schools provided meals for 'truly derived kids, BUT after identifying the problems the education department job should be seen as done - the same as any NGO/LAGO,or other oganisation. Identify the issue, report it and move on.

Education department is to educate the students, not to make up for failings for every other department/quango/whoever who aint doing theirs.

• Like 1