Lock Down?

5 shires

Monday, worked flat out to try and squeezed 4 jobs in before curfew imposed.

Tuesday morning and Mrs Lee navigated the paperwork requirements which would allow me some limited local freedom to work.

I need to sign an attestation (statement) and the client needs to send me one requesting my intervention, I carry the business registration certificate, the job quote and a procuration from Mrs Lee stating that I am representing her on business.

So Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday I spent working alone to finish a large job for a couple in their 60's.

Cheque upon completion, as it has been for a couple of weeks now.

Resting up this morning, I find working alone is more tiring and stressfull.

Saws to tickle then later I'll go fetch the chipper which I left onsite as I also had the tractor with me.

Tractor to grease up and prep for tomorrow.

Locally, we are mercifully free of virus but the East of France has been hit so hard the army are flying out the more critical on a medical Airbus.

Monday I recieved a call from a guy asking if I had any work. He was from the East of France from his accent and from his pattern of speech I deduced a member of the travelling community.

Amazingly, I'm recieving emails from clients asking for dates to which I respond that current restrictions mean I must work alone and that as travel is discouraged, even restricted, I am limited to more local jobs that I can do alone.

Last nights news, the minister of health said that gardeners etc can continue working if they respect the minimum distance requirements,

However, I suspect that as many people are taking the piss and over riding restrictions, that the authorities will take on more severe attitude shortly.

Stuart

20 minutes ago, Craig Johnson said:

Brother and sister in law have had it quite bad, but now recovering, thankfully. no idea who or where the got it from though. 

anyway

looks like WTO deal for brexit then?

Don't you mean a WHO deal for Brexit? ?

Edited by Big J
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, trigger_andy said:

If I dont get asked to self isolate in a hotel in Norway for the next two weeks Im gonna build a Shaving Horse then start milling timber for a  Timber Frame Workshop. ? 

There is a guy in instagram called Richard Ely (greenwoodcraftsman) who has some good shave horse designs with extra touches for carving small spikes/spoons etc.

• Like 1