How Often Do You Clean Your Glass / What With??

I keep the small air wash vent fully open all the time.

The main vent I start with it fully open then vary it down to about 50% depending on logs and wind draw over the chimney.

I never shut air vent fully off to try and smoulder a log over night, just put a couple of logs on before I go to bed with the air vent set at what it has been at all evening.

8 hours ago, Squaredy said:

About once a year if it needs it.  And if there is any soot a scourer and cream cleaner works for my Morso.

But I burn really dry wood and generally it keeps itself clean.

59ED8B52-CA74-409F-86A2-E80473F6AA74.jpeg

Are you sure that you have not been cleaning the glass with those poor muts.  They look  very blackened and tired!

Just newsaer to clean the glass.., then it goes in the fire as I liht it. I tried stove glass cleaner when I first got the stove and that wored well, however once I used it on hot glass and it ruined  the glass - so take that as a warning.

Air vent - air wash vent is always ope, and usualy the main vent half to fully open, I rarely let it just smoulder, all or nothing and I canremake a fire if I lt it go out and it gets cooler

Sorry for this dumb question...  but I inherited my Stove (it was in the house when I bought it)

what is an air wash vent?  And what is the main vent?

we have a vent at the very bottom which I set to fully open when firing up.  It says no longer than 5 minutes fully open on a big red sticker.  After 5 I push it half way in.  Then when9DA08E5E-FEFE-4329-A991-120D2F95BCDC.thumb.jpeg.d79f81d1620c857f3d32b7683abd9f69.jpeg there is sufficient embers I can load it up and have it pushed anywhere from half way to almost fully in (closed) depending on the species and number of embers.

44B490E7-388D-4BE2-AA1F-C2BAA13C37DA.jpeg

7 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

A Squirt of what? ? 

What !  what aint no country I ever heard of . Do they speak English in what ? say what again , say what one more time I double dare you ......?

I just get a grey buildup over time that is mildly annoying to look at but seems to have no effect on anything apart from looks.  It reaches a level and then remains like that if you don't clean it.  Occasionally I get a burst of enthusiasm and clean it off with a damp bit of kitchen roll.  No effort required it more or less wipes off but needs a few pieces to get it clean as I leave it a long time between cleans. 

3 hours ago, Rob_the_Sparky said:

I just get a grey buildup over time that is mildly annoying to look at but seems to have no effect on anything apart from looks.  It reaches a level and then remains like that if you don't clean it.  Occasionally I get a burst of enthusiasm and clean it off with a damp bit of kitchen roll.  No effort required it more or less wipes off but needs a few pieces to get it clean as I leave it a long time between cleans. 

Exactly the same. Just a clear/grey film, no black soot type dirt. Just wipes off with a damp cloth, do it about once every 3 weeks.